Never one to miss an opportunity for media exposure – especially when it comes with the added benefit of activating the racist Republican base that still can’t forgive the normal people of America for voting a black man into the highest office in the land, – one-time, half-term Governor of Alaska and professional Twitter updater, Sarah Palin defended Dr Laura’s episode of “N-Word” Tourette’s syndrome by misguidedly equating Dr. Laura’s quitting her radio show with an assault on her Constitutional right to rant like the racist she is.
Listen to Dr. Laura’s rant here:
Although supposedly remorseful about her insensitivity, Dr. Laura said she felt her freedom of speech rights “have been usurped by angry, hateful groups who don’t want to debate — they want to eliminate.” So… in other words… in true right-wing fashion, Dr. Laura blamed the targeted minority group for not quietly accepting her verbal whipping, rather than take responsibility for her hateful and insensitive use of the most hatefully-charged racial epitaph in the English language.
Only in Teabagger-infested America can a barely literate moron who squeaked out of journalism school after bouncing around to SIX different colleges has the arrogance to fancy herself a Constitutional scholar be taken seriously by right-wing sycophants is coming to the defense of a notoriously insensitive doctor of PHYSIOLOGY who let her mother’s corpse rot for MONTHS while playing armchair quack psychologist to those self-loathing enough to seek her advise.
Given the context of Dr. Laura’s departure, Palin tweeted – without a speck of irony – “”Dr. Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice, America!”
Not unexpectedly, The Republican Party’s propaganda channel Fox News chose not to cover the incident at all.
Watch Stephen Colbert’s take on Dr. Laura’s rant:
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Don’t Shoot the Schlessinger|
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018