It takes a lot of effort to sound more classless and boorish than Donald Trump. But Bill O’Reilly may have managed to do just that. When he learned that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was gravely ill with lung cancer, the veteran right-wing pundit got the bright idea to skip and dance over it.
Earlier this week, Ginsburg learned that she had early-stage cancer in her left lung. Two suspicious-looking nodules were discovered during a routine examination after she fell and broke her ribs last month. She had surgery on Friday morning, and is expected to make a full recovery.
The tributes poured in for much of Friday. Even Trump put partisanship aside and sent best wishes.
But O’Reilly couldn’t resist the urge to uncork a cheap shot.
Good grief, Bill. Couldn’t you leave well enough alone just once? While talking about the prospect of Trump appointing a replacement may have been iffy at best, calling this “bad news for the left” was so far over the line that it isn’t even funny.
Needless to say, Twitter was not amused. Meghan McCain may have spoken for all right-thinking Americans, regardless of political shade, when she unloaded on Bill.
Kathy Griffin was even more blunt.
Lawrence O’Donnell wondered if, at long last, O’Reilly had finally gone too far.
Michael Avenatti wasn’t sure about that, but believed it left no doubt how slimy O’Reilly was.
Author Molly Jong-Fast thought it was time to ask Siri an obvious question.
Political consultant and ardent never-Trumper Matthew Dowd thought that this cheap shot was actually a cry for help.
As callous as O’Reilly’s tweet was in and of itself, it’s even more so when you consider that Ginsburg wouldn’t have even known about the cancer if not for her fall. By the time lung cancer’s symptoms begin manifesting, the cancer has usually spread. Cancer expert John Heymach told NBC News that by then, lung cancer can only be cured “in a small minority of cases.” Additionally, lung cancer doesn’t normally register pain until the tumor has grown very large.
Simply put, RBG dodged a bullet. But that doesn’t seem to matter to O’Reilly. Nope, all that matters to Bill is the prospect that Trump may have yet another chance to own the libs.
Incredibly, a number of conservative Twitter users didn’t understand what the fuss was.
Let’s say it all together as a group–Bill simply couldn’t leave well enough alone. Therefore, his online shelling was well deserved.
O’Reilly has yet to respond. Frankly, the only thing we need to hear from him on this is an apology.
- Fundie Leader Channels ISIS: Worship Jesus, Or Get Out Of The Senate - January 15, 2019
- Right-Wing Pastor Blames Wave Of Natural Disasters On Sin - January 14, 2019
- Paul Manafort Admits Even A Pardon Can’t Save His Law License - January 13, 2019
- Donald Jr. Likes Violent Meme Attacking CNN - January 12, 2019
- So-Called Pastor: Kids Must ‘Love’ Sperm Donors Who Assault Their Moms - January 11, 2019
- Fundies Think Gays Will Get A ‘Special Right’ With Protection From Lynching - January 9, 2019
- Trumpkin Pastor: Muslim Congresswoman Wasn’t ‘Elected By Americans’ - January 8, 2019
- Breitbart Tries To Burn NBC For Calling Out Vigilantes - January 6, 2019
- RedState Has Had Its Fill Of Ocasio-Cortez Hate - January 5, 2019
- Lindsey Graham Warns Mitt Romney: Join The Trump Train Or Else - January 3, 2019