It takes a lot of effort to sound more classless and boorish than Donald Trump. But Bill O’Reilly may have managed to do just that. When he learned that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was gravely ill with lung cancer, the veteran right-wing pundit got the bright idea to skip and dance over it.
Earlier this week, Ginsburg learned that she had early-stage cancer in her left lung. Two suspicious-looking nodules were discovered during a routine examination after she fell and broke her ribs last month. She had surgery on Friday morning, and is expected to make a full recovery.
The tributes poured in for much of Friday. Even Trump put partisanship aside and sent best wishes.
But O’Reilly couldn’t resist the urge to uncork a cheap shot.
Good grief, Bill. Couldn’t you leave well enough alone just once? While talking about the prospect of Trump appointing a replacement may have been iffy at best, calling this “bad news for the left” was so far over the line that it isn’t even funny.
Needless to say, Twitter was not amused. Meghan McCain may have spoken for all right-thinking Americans, regardless of political shade, when she unloaded on Bill.
Kathy Griffin was even more blunt.
Lawrence O’Donnell wondered if, at long last, O’Reilly had finally gone too far.
Michael Avenatti wasn’t sure about that, but believed it left no doubt how slimy O’Reilly was.
Author Molly Jong-Fast thought it was time to ask Siri an obvious question.
Political consultant and ardent never-Trumper Matthew Dowd thought that this cheap shot was actually a cry for help.
As callous as O’Reilly’s tweet was in and of itself, it’s even more so when you consider that Ginsburg wouldn’t have even known about the cancer if not for her fall. By the time lung cancer’s symptoms begin manifesting, the cancer has usually spread. Cancer expert John Heymach told NBC News that by then, lung cancer can only be cured “in a small minority of cases.” Additionally, lung cancer doesn’t normally register pain until the tumor has grown very large.
Simply put, RBG dodged a bullet. But that doesn’t seem to matter to O’Reilly. Nope, all that matters to Bill is the prospect that Trump may have yet another chance to own the libs.
Incredibly, a number of conservative Twitter users didn’t understand what the fuss was.
Let’s say it all together as a group–Bill simply couldn’t leave well enough alone. Therefore, his online shelling was well deserved.
O’Reilly has yet to respond. Frankly, the only thing we need to hear from him on this is an apology.
- Fundies Wonder Why People Who Know About Religion Don’t Like Them - August 21, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief Smears Chrissy Teigen–Again - August 19, 2019
- False Prophet Warns Against Supporting Dems, Explains It’s ‘Spiritual Treason’ - August 18, 2019
- False Prophet: Bow And Pray To The Orange God, Or You’ll Burn Forever - August 17, 2019
- Activists Who Fight Against Fundies In Military Reveal Some Of Their Hate Mail - August 14, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief: Q May Have Planned For Epstein To Die In His Cell - August 12, 2019
- Leading Trumpkin Refuses To Accept Reality That Jeffrey Epstein Killed Himself - August 11, 2019
- Chief QAnon Kook’s Silence On Elephant In Epstein Room Is Telling - August 8, 2019
- Young McConnell Supporter Apologizes For AOC Choke Joke - August 6, 2019
- Very Fine Young McConnell Supporters Think It’s OK To Choke AOC - August 5, 2019