When Donald Trump spoke with Lester Holt in May 2017, most of the nation saw the president of the United States essentially admit to obstructing justice. After all, Trump openly admitted that he’d fired FBI Director James Comey specifically because of “this Russia thing.” In other words–he thought that if he fired Comey, it would either slow down or stop the investigation into Russia’s attempt to hack the election.
But now-former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault says she saw something else. According to her upcoming book, she saw it as evidence that Trump was not well.
For the better part of two years, Omarosa was one of the loudest and most obnoxious members of a very exclusive club–blacks who were all-in for Trump. In 2016, for instance, as Trump’s head of African-American outreach, she famously told PBS’ “Frontline” that we would all have to bow to Trump if he won. Watch here.
After Trump won, Omarosa became communications chief for the White House Office of Public Liaison. In that role, she told one of Trump’s biggest gadflies in the press gallery, April Ryan, that she’d better watch her step. After all, the White House reportedly had dossiers on a number of journalists who got on the White House’s bad side.
However, Omarosa was pushed out in late 2017. Soon afterward, she joined the cast of “Celebrity Big Brother” and revealed that she had fallen out of love–and bigly–with Trump, whom she had first met in 2004 when she appeared on “Celebrity Apprentice.” Watch here.
She told fellow houseguest Ross Mathews that “we won’t be okay” under Trump, and vowed never to vote for him again.
Omarosa recently wrote a tell-all book about her time in the West Wing, “Unhinged: An Insider’s Account of the Trump White House.” It’s due to hit bookstores on August 14, but the UK’s Daily Mail obtained an excerpt that reveals Omarosa was horrified at that now-infamous interview.
Omarosa claims that while most people may have seen Trump’s take on the Comey firing as a typical “off the cuff” performance, she knew better based on her longtime friendship with him. She saw an “erratic and contradictory interview” in which Trump was speaking “gibberish.”
She also revealed that then-communications director Hope Hicks had “gone over the briefing with him a dozen times,” and wanted to make sure Trump stressed the White House’s then-official explanation that Trump fired Comey on the recommendation of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Instead, as we now know, Trump claimed he was going to fire Comey in any event.
There’s a lot of reason to take this with a grain of salt. For one thing, if Omarosa was so alarmed by Trump’s behavior in that interview, it didn’t dissuade her from sending articles from garbage Web sites Trump’s way. Reportedly, that was one big reason Omarosa fell into serious disfavor with Chief of Staff John Kelly.
When Omarosa announced her new book, she delivered a message to her former friend and boss.
Well, Omarosa, if you were so alarmed at Trump’s behavior in May, you need to come clean about why you stayed in the White House for another seven months.
- Fake Pastor: If You Have Mental Problems, You’re Sinning - September 16, 2019
- QAnon Kooks Silent On Someone Actually Covering For Perverts - September 15, 2019
- Trumpkin Prophet Warns Justice: ‘Repent’ Or You ‘Will Be Removed’ - September 11, 2019
- Christian Publisher Slammed Dems As Godless–But Worships Trump - September 4, 2019
- Fundies Claim Hurricane Dorian Is A Deep State Plot - September 3, 2019
- Fundie Author: With Trump, Are Ends Serious Enough To Justify Means? - September 1, 2019
- Wingnut Pastor: Caring For Ailing Daughter Makes Congressman A ‘Beta Male’ - August 30, 2019
- Trumpkin Pastor: Revival Leader’s Accusers Have ‘Spiritual Rabies’ - August 28, 2019
- Jim Bakker And Friends: Sinister ‘Cabal’ Will Make Trump ‘Scapegoat’ In 2020 - August 26, 2019
- Dem Senator Wonders If Trump Will Hereby Obey His Own Decree - August 25, 2019