The Republican Party exists solely to do the bidding of transnational corporations who seek to ride working people to the bank unfettered by the pesky government. Their Republican (and Democrat in Name Only) operatives in the Halls of Power work to make that possible – and ingratiate their own coffers as well.
U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman is a case in point. Feldman is the judge responsible for overturning the Obama Administration’s 6-month moratorium on off-shore drilling in the wake of BP’s greed-sponsored destruction of our Gulf Coast… but surprise, surprise! Judge Feldman owns stock in numerous companies involved in the offshore oil industry—including Transocean, which leased the (now-exploded) Deapwater Horizon drilling rig to BP.
Yahoo Newsroom reported, “According to Feldman’s 2008 financial disclosure form, posted online by Judicial Watch [pdf], the judge owned stock in Transocean, as well as five other companies that are either directly or indirectly involved in the offshore drilling business.”
We can certainly expect more favorable rulings that will keep the oil-industry’s choke hold around the neck of America since an AP investigation discovered that more than half the federal judges in the districts affected by the BP disaster have financial stakes in the oil and gas industry. Money trumps all in a government that exists to ensure the wealthy get wealthier without restraint while suggesting the rest of us “pray.”
UPDATE: (Friday June 25) It came out today that the judge owns shares in a company with a rig that was DIRECTLY impacted by the drilling moratorium with hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake – and thus would have negatively impacted Judge Feldman’s investment – every day the ban ensued. Read more about that here. My father always used to say, “we can only expect a grunt from a pig.” Especially a corporatist pig.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018