In the heat of the class war Republicans are actively waging against the working people of this nation, the American People are in desperate need of a bold and unapologetic populist leader in the style of FDR– not a Neville Chamberlain-style appeaser appealing to the enemy for restraint and mercy through constant capitulation.
Yet Barack Obama has done it again. In another vain attempt to get Republicans to work with him like some “Team of Rivals” fantasy, the Administration immediately threw Shirley Sherrod under the bus, rather than defend her against egregious lies and heavily-edited hit piece courtesy of Andrew Breitbart, Glenn Beck and Fox News.
This is not the first time. The first target sacrificial lamb thrown to the voracious right wing wolves was Van Jones, whom the Obama Administration let go as soon as Glenn Beck started licking his chops.
The next target was an organization among the infrastructure of empowerment for the poor and under represented – ACORN. To this day, ACORN remains defunded even though exonerated by New York City Prosecutors, the California Attorney General, and the Government Accountability Office. In spite of running on a perpetual loop on Corporate America’s propaganda outlet, Fox “News”, the James O’Keefe hit piece was not “explosive journalism” revealing a sinister conspiracy to smuggle underage prostitutes into the US – but a selectively edited hack-job designed to hobble an organization giving the poor a voice in the voting process.
But that’s what Fox “News” – and their right-wing compatriots do. Their entire reason for being is to foment racism and fear.
The Republican agenda boils down to this: Make the rich richer and turn the rest of us into compliant serfs. In order to do that, they must foment divisions between the 90% of the population that their policies are designed to burden and control.
So they divide us by race, divide us by sexual orientation, and divide us by religion – all smoke screens to keep their followers ignorant, angry and distracted while they ride them (and us) all the way to the bank.
Watch Keith Olbermann tell President Obama to stop enabling the right wing freaks destroying our nation:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018