Sigh… If only Barack Obama was ¼ of the Socialist our corporate overlords and their Republican operatives in government are busy convincing the Teatards he is. Unfortunately for those of us in the reality-based community (non-Republicans/normal people) he is, like Bill Clinton, a moderate Republican to the right of Dwight D. Eisenhower.
In the face of the second collapse of Capitalism within a century, we are forced again to try and regulate the greed-centered sociopaths whose allegiances lay not in country or community – but to themselves and the unholy dollar.
It is a testament to the depth of corruption of these big-moneyed interests in our so-called government of “We The People,” that President Obama was forced to tip-toe lightly into the presence of criminals who have raped and pillaged the country to ask them politely to play nice with the dumb Serfs from now on.
Recently, Matt Taibbi laid out in Rolling Stone how Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression – and are doing it again since given the chance by the systematic dismantling of New Deal policies meant to prevent another Great Depression.
At the time of the first Republican Great Depression, FDR said,
“We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace‹business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering. They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.
Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me‹and I welcome their hatred.
I should like to have it said of my first Administration that in it the forces of selfishness and of lust for power met their match.” Read and hear the whole speech.
That was then and this is now. It only took from the time of the so-called Reagan Revolution – around 30 years – for Republicans to implement the dictates of the Powell Memo, begin the dismantling of New Deal policies and turn the United States into the LEAST upwardly mobile country in the industrialized world.
Financial fraud is nothing new, yet the American People are supposed to congratulate our “betters” by taxing them less and leaving them alone to rape us again –all for the sake of the fabled “Main Street” that all the “freedom”of the “free market” is supposed to rally to save.
The depths of their unconscionable deceptions are nothing new and, unfortunately quite common – yet we the Plebeians of the United States of Serfs and Lords are not supposed to “begrudge” anyone a rapacious profit – because profit is the only motivation of value in a system that elevates greed and selfishness to a virtue.
FDR. We need you.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018