Devin Nunes, a Trump cheerleader and member of the so-called President’s transition team, proved he’s more concerned with covering Trump’s ass than uncover the truth about Trump’s curious and prolific allegiance to a brutal, anti-democratic, foreign dictator.
Nunes, as ranking member of the Intelligence Committee supposedly investigating Trump’s curious eagerness to help Vladimir Putin achieve his nefarious agenda, was graced with some information that Trump’s team may have been inadvertently surveilled.
According to Politico, “House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes declared Wednesday that members of Donald Trump’s transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under inadvertent surveillance following November’s presidential election.”
In a completely unprecedented move, rather than share this information with fellow members of the Intelligence Committee, as standard practice dictates. Nunes ran to the White House and briefed the subject of the investigation – his master, the Mango Mussolini. Of course, “standard practice” is out the window with this fascist Republican coup d’Éta against decency and democracy being inflicted on a once promising nation.
Here’s Nunes shocking his fellow committee members, and the intelligence community as a whole:
The other members of the House Intelligence Committee learned of Nunes’ stunt via the media. Prompting the ranking Democrat on the committee, Rep. Adam Schiff, to release this statement:
The information may or may not be classified.
Politico continued, “The White House and Trump’s allies immediately seized on the statement as vindication of the president’s much-maligned claim that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower phones — even though Nunes himself said that’s not what his new information shows.”
The Intelligence Committee is supposed to be above partisan concerns, traditionally know for bipartisan cooperation in putting the interests of the nation before the interests of the political party of the members.
Not anymore. So far, only Republican Senator John McCain stands alone calling for an independent investigation into Twitler’s Russian ties. “No longer does the Congress have credibility to handle this alone,” the Senator told Greta Van Susteren.
Other than McCain, the rest of the Republican Party is busy twisting themselves around the lie du jour to keep the fascist Trump in power long enough for them to install the fascist Neil Gorsuch in Merrick Garland’s stolen Supreme Court seat and strip millions of their health care.
Remember the way Republicans howled when Bill Clinton visited the Attorney General Loretta Lynch while his wife was under investigation? Now that nothing less than the soul of the democratic system hangs in the balance, we see again that Republican selective outrage only kicks in when Democrats are in power.
This is another example of the fact that Republicans are fundamentally unfit to hold leadership positions in a modern nation, and must be relegated to permanent minority status if the “grand experiment” in liberal democracy stands a chance of survival.
Just so we’re clear:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018