Welcome to Liberty, U.S. of ‘Murica! A theocratic state in what’s supposed to be a secular country!
One of the issues that are dividing this country, is so-called “Religious Liberty.”(Aka “The Religious Liberty to make everybody else conform to the beliefs of a Khristian (as opposed to Christian) minority.”)
For the last several decades, the Khristian “Religious Wrong,” with the help of Republican troglodytes, have claimed that the U.S. is a “Christian nation.” This, despite what the founding fathers and the Constitution said about the matter. Now they want to create their own “Christian state” based on “biblical law.” (Biblical law, for those who haven’t paid attention, is the twin sister of Sharia law, which they supposedly despise.)
And the good news, for them, is that they don’t have to invade another country to carve out that “Christian state.” Instead, they just want to grab pieces of several existing states to create their “Heavenly” (Or is that “Hell-like?”) home.
‘Liberty’ For Me, Not For Thee
They intend to call their state “Liberty.” (That’s kind of like calling North Korea the “Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.”) The state would be created by grabbing parts of Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Montana and Wyoming.
They claim that the would be state would be governed by biblical law, but they fail to reference which part of the bible they’ll base their laws on. If history is prologue, my guess would be Bronze Age Old Testament law. (Like I said, twin sister of Sharia law.) The current ravings of the religious wrong belong more to the hate-filled Old Testament than to J.C.’s sermons.
Liberty State Gala & Pie Sale
Back in June, they held a “Liberty State Gala” to spread some awareness (aka bullshit) and make some money. (They held a pie sale.)
The speakers consisted of a rogues’ gallery of Republican and/or religious troglodytes. Included were:
- A police chief, [Loren Culp]notorious for refusing to obey the law when it comes to gun control,
- A church leader/manifesto writer [Barry Byrd] who claims Jews are “Anti-Christs.” (I thought that was supposed to be Obama.)
- A Republican state representative [Matt Shea] who wrote Biblical Basis for War. The manifesto calls for the death penalty for those who don’t obey the state’s biblical laws: “If they do not yield – kill all males!”
- Matt Shea’s legislative assistant, who told attendees “It’s either going to be bloodshed or Liberty State.”
As you can tell, these podium commodians (not a misspelling) are a fun bunch.
The event was held at the CenterPlace Regional Event Center, “Spokane Valley’s premier event facility!” The 54,000 square foot facility sports 400 parking spaces, but the event only drew about 200 troglodytes. Still and yet, I imagine they were greatly entertained by the speakers celebrating their misshapen fantasies.
At one point, Shea showed a pic of some anti-Fascists protesting in Olympia. As he explained it,
The Communists and atheists — those that are responsible for the deaths of more people than any other belief system in the history of the world — unfurled their flag on the Capitol steps this last spring!
(He should be damn glad this isn’t 1945. Back then, we weren’t protesting Fascists, we were killing them!)
They’re Still At It!
Since the “rousing success” of their pie sale/gala, they’ve expanded their reach to local fairs in the area.
(A quick side note for those of you not familiar with Washington politics: As a whole, Washington is a “libtard” state. The last time they gave a “Repugnant” their electoral votes, was 35 years ago. However, east of the Cascades, they’re more akin to Idaho’s troglodyte politics.)
One of the fair locations, was in Dayton [pop: 2526] (46.6 miles from the Idaho border, as the crow flies. 70 miles if he’s driving.) Another was the Spokane Interstate Fair. (About 20 miles, driving or flying,)
The booth at the Spokane fair seemed to be run by Rene’ Holaday, a former(?) aide to Rep. Matt Shea, a big booster of this batch of bullshit!
According to supporters, splitting states is entirely legal and has been done more than once in the past. [Kentucky, Maine & West Virginia] What they fail to mention is that the time and circumstances are quite different. Plus, the last time was back in 1863.
This time around, they’re de-emphasizing the “religious freedom” aspect and concentrating on the cultural differences between eastern and coastal Washington. And, while admittedly, there are quite a few, this is just camouflage for their real goals.
They are gathering petition signatures to try to get the 20 counties east of the Cascades to place it on the ballot. This would only amount to an “advisory vote” since the process has to be ratified by the state legislature as well as Congress. (Good luck with that!) However, their thinking(?) is that it will increase the pressure on the politicians to let them have their own little theocratic state.
Don’t get complacent. Yes, these “true believers” are relatively few in number. But multiply that by the number of “fellow travelers” in the Republican party Then add-in the average American emulating an ostrich, with his head in the sand as long as nobody is currently kicking his behind, and it gets a bit scarier.
And remember, the Nazis were never near the majority before Hitler took command of the country.
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019
- Troglodyte: Use the Military to Arrest the Heads of Google, Facebook and Twitter - August 28, 2019