Last night, as Republicans were furiously scribbling handouts to their 1% benefactors in the margins of their tax scam, Senator Bernie Sanders introduced an amendment not cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. It was handily rejected by Republicans. That’s because, along with being the craven reason Republicans refuse to condemn their Dumb Führer despite his stunning unfitness for office, the ultimate Republican goal is to destroy the New Deal and the Great Society once and for all.
For all their feigned outrage over liberals “telling them how to live their lives,” Republican ideologues simply don’t want Americans to continue to enjoy the social programs they overwhelmingly support and rely upon. Trump repeatedly promised not to touch Social Security and Medicare. In regard to this too, Trump was lying.
Don’t just take my word for it. In a rare moment of candor, Senator Marco Rubio admitted it. “Asked by interviewers Anna Palmer and Jake Sherman how to address the federal deficit, he replied: ‘We have to do two things. We have to generate economic growth which generates revenue, while reducing spending. That will mean instituting structural changes to Social Security and Medicare for the future.'”
The AARP, the large lobbying group for older Americans, sounded the alarm to no avail.
Even Ronald Reagan’s domestic policy adviser and treasury official under George H. W. Bush, Bruce Bartlett, knows the game Republicans are trying to play.
Other Americans agree:
Newsweek reports, “Republicans have long said that the growth generated from slashing corporate tax rates from 35 percent to 20 percent would make their tax cuts ‘revenue neutral,’ but there’s no evidence they’re right. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the Senate tax plan would increase the U.S. deficit by $1.4 trillion over the next decade, and the nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation has said the plan will only boost economic growth by 0.8 percent over the next decade, leaving $1 billion in cuts unpaid for.
So where does that money come from?
The simple answer is Social Security and Medicare, which together comprise 38 percent of the total federal budget, second only to military spending.
‘The driver of our debt is the structure of Social Security and Medicare for future beneficiaries,’ said Rubio.”
The majority of Americans across the political spectrum want FDR’s most successful social program expanded, not cut. Of course, progressive tax reform would make this possible, but that’s not what this Republican Tax Scam is.
With yet another roundly unpopular bill being rammed through in the dead of night to please those already reaping all the benefits of an already-rigged system, let’s not kid ourselves. Republicans don’t like never liked democracy and are now very close to destroying the grand experiment for good. Republicans are rebuilding the very “serfs and lords” system our founders fought a revolution to escape. Though, this time around, our “lords” are the corporate class who own everything – including the government of “We, The People.”
It is now the duty of every patriotic American who believes in a government that promotes the general welfare over the welfare of the transnational corporate elite to resist and fight the greed-centered, anti-democratic Republican death cult until is permanently contained in history’s trash bin and can no longer threaten the fabric of liberal democracy and our way of life.
- Trump Doesn’t Seem to Know the Difference Between England, the U.K. and Great Britain - July 16, 2018
- Conservative Columnist Mocks GOP’s Strzok Hearing: ‘There’s a Reason They’re Called the Stupid Party’ (VIDEO) - July 13, 2018
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wants Us To Believe John Kelly is as Petty and Small As Trump - July 12, 2018
- Caught on Camera – Racist Harasses Woman for Wearing Shirt Depicting Puerto Rican Flag As Cops Do Nothing - July 10, 2018
- To Placate Formula Makers, Trump Bullies UN Over Breastfeeding Resolution – Until Russia Sponsors It - July 9, 2018
- Another Notable Conservative Flees ‘White-Nationalist Party’ GOP, Endorses Democratic ‘Takeover’ - July 5, 2018
- Portland Police Revoke Permit When Alt-Right Rally Turns Into a Rampage - July 2, 2018
- Marco Rubio is More Upset About An “F Bomb” on TV than Another Gun Massacre (TWEETS) - June 29, 2018
- Trump Defends Putin’s Innocence In Election Meddling Right Before Summit Announcement - June 28, 2018
- Restaurant That Refused To Serve Sarah Sanders Targeted by Trump Supporters (VIDEO) - June 27, 2018