Last night, as Republicans were furiously scribbling handouts to their 1% benefactors in the margins of their tax scam, Senator Bernie Sanders introduced an amendment not cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. It was handily rejected by Republicans. That’s because, along with being the craven reason Republicans refuse to condemn their Dumb Führer despite his stunning unfitness for office, the ultimate Republican goal is to destroy the New Deal and the Great Society once and for all.
For all their feigned outrage over liberals “telling them how to live their lives,” Republican ideologues simply don’t want Americans to continue to enjoy the social programs they overwhelmingly support and rely upon. Trump repeatedly promised not to touch Social Security and Medicare. In regard to this too, Trump was lying.
Don’t just take my word for it. In a rare moment of candor, Senator Marco Rubio admitted it. “Asked by interviewers Anna Palmer and Jake Sherman how to address the federal deficit, he replied: ‘We have to do two things. We have to generate economic growth which generates revenue, while reducing spending. That will mean instituting structural changes to Social Security and Medicare for the future.'”
The AARP, the large lobbying group for older Americans, sounded the alarm to no avail.
Even Ronald Reagan’s domestic policy adviser and treasury official under George H. W. Bush, Bruce Bartlett, knows the game Republicans are trying to play.
Other Americans agree:
Newsweek reports, “Republicans have long said that the growth generated from slashing corporate tax rates from 35 percent to 20 percent would make their tax cuts ‘revenue neutral,’ but there’s no evidence they’re right. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the Senate tax plan would increase the U.S. deficit by $1.4 trillion over the next decade, and the nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation has said the plan will only boost economic growth by 0.8 percent over the next decade, leaving $1 billion in cuts unpaid for.
So where does that money come from?
The simple answer is Social Security and Medicare, which together comprise 38 percent of the total federal budget, second only to military spending.
‘The driver of our debt is the structure of Social Security and Medicare for future beneficiaries,’ said Rubio.”
The majority of Americans across the political spectrum want FDR’s most successful social program expanded, not cut. Of course, progressive tax reform would make this possible, but that’s not what this Republican Tax Scam is.
With yet another roundly unpopular bill being rammed through in the dead of night to please those already reaping all the benefits of an already-rigged system, let’s not kid ourselves. Republicans don’t like never liked democracy and are now very close to destroying the grand experiment for good. Republicans are rebuilding the very “serfs and lords” system our founders fought a revolution to escape. Though, this time around, our “lords” are the corporate class who own everything – including the government of “We, The People.”
It is now the duty of every patriotic American who believes in a government that promotes the general welfare over the welfare of the transnational corporate elite to resist and fight the greed-centered, anti-democratic Republican death cult until is permanently contained in history’s trash bin and can no longer threaten the fabric of liberal democracy and our way of life.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Republican Dirty Tricks
- Entire New York bar Shows Us all how Nazis – like Milo Yiannopoulos – Should be Greeted (VIDEO) - April 23, 2018
- On Earth Day, Trump Calls For Deregulation That Made the EPA Necessary In the First Place - April 22, 2018
- Racist Idiots (I know, I repeat) Are Too Busy Making Racist Displays to Learn Who Won the Civil War (Video) - April 21, 2018
- Anti-LGBT Liberty Counsel Attorney Says Satan is to Blame for Sex Ed In Schools (VIDEO) - April 20, 2018
- GOP Senator Says Asking Whether He’ll Back Trump in 2020 is a “Gotcha Question” (Video) - April 19, 2018
- Trump Gets the Year of Death Wrong in Official Condolences for Barbara Bush - April 17, 2018
- Another Threatening Racist Tirade Caught on Cell Phone Video - April 17, 2018
- White Guy Shoots Himself With A Stolen Gun And Blames Two Black Men, Of Course - April 16, 2018
- Irony Alert! Trump Calls James Comey an “Untruthful Slime Ball” - April 13, 2018
- Donald Trump Wants To Know Why The World Doesn’t “Thank” Him - April 12, 2018