Newt Gingrich has renewed his attack on President Obama as “the finest food stamp president in the American history,” as if being a member of the “starvation” party is something to crow about. But logic and morality are no virtues in Republican circles. Newt, another Republican champion of “small government,” is actually the one who proposed taking children away from mothers who received welfare, proving once again that the Republican consistency in hypocrisy is only outweighed by their hatred of the poor. A funny thing, considering Republican policies create so many of them.
Though I hardly imagine Newt encountering many poor children on the way to racking up $250,000+ running tab at Tiffany’s & Co., he assures us that poor children have “no habits of working and have nobody around them who works.”
Now, in the history of Newt’s “bold” and bad ideas, he’s got more. Give 10 lucky, lazy poor kids to Donald Trump – just in time for Trump’s latest book release.
As the AFL-CIO blog posted on Dec 6,
Newt Gingrich, who says child labor laws are “truly stupid” and wants to put low-income children in poor neighborhoods to work cleaning schools after he fires “all the unionized janitors,” has found an acolyte—Donald Trump.
Billionaire Trump—who most Republican presidential candidates are genuflecting before in hopes of a laying on of hands—endorsed Gingrich’s call to put poor kids to work. He told reporters, “I thought it was a good idea” and suggested they also work for him–as “apprenti.”
Gingrich apparently thinks all poor kids are lazy and says his plan will “get them into the habit of showing up and realizing that effort gets rewarded and that America is all about the work ethic.”
Last week he also inferred that low income-kids are crooks. He said “They have no habit of ‘I do this and you give me cash,’ unless it’s illegal.”
But, you see… Newt is just doing what Republicans do – kiss a rich man’s ass while taking shots at easy, politically unconnected targets – poor children – just like his lord and savior de jour, Jesus Christ, would have done.
WATCH: Rachel Maddow’s top segment from December 7th which explains just how vile Newt actually is:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018