Just after the close of business on Friday, Robert Mueller announced that he had finished his investigation into Russia’s attempt to hack the election. Reports that Mueller was not recommending any new indictments led a number of Donald Trump’s most diehard supporters to spike the football. To their minds, it was proof that all the talk that Trump was on the verge of being brought down was hot air.
It seemed that much of the deplorable world was of the same mind as Diamond and Silk, who irately demanded that those who pushed for Mueller’s investigation to be seen through pay a heavy price for doing so–jail time. Never mind that there are very strong indications that Trump is nowhere near out of the woods yet.
But such little things as actual facts have never gotten in the way of a campaign of alternative facts. We got more proof on Sunday, when Mike Huckabee became the latest Trump diehard to try to spike the football.
One has to wonder if Trump had somehow gotten his hands on Huckabee’s phone. After all, this middle school-esque swipe at three of Trump’s biggest tormentors in Congress–Eric Swalwell, Adam Schiff, and Jerry Nadler–as well as MSNBC and CNN could have easily been written by Trump himself.
This screed from Huckabee has another similarity to Trump’s 280-character ravings. It’s dead, dead wrong. For one thing, multiple U. S. Attorney’s offices around the country are still pursuing investigations into Trump. And, mind you, they are being overseen by U. S. Attorneys who, with few exceptions, were appointed by Trump himself.
The great majority of those investigations are being overseen by the Southern District of New York–which is not surprising, given that Trump’s business empire is headquartered in Manhattan. For instance, SDNY is overseeing there is a very active investigation into an illegal campaign finance scheme that grew out of the raid on the offices of former Trump lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen. How do we know this investigation is still underway? A whopping 19 pages related to this scheme were redacted when SDNY released a raft of documents related to the raid.
Additionally, Trump’s family is very much in the soup. First Son-in-Law Jared Kushner is under fire for using WhatsApp for official business–including contacts with foreign interests. Combined with Kushner’s exposure related to his dealings with Russia during the campaign, it raises the prospect that his only way out would be to flip on his father-in-law.
Apparently Huckabee either doesn’t know about these developments, or doesn’t want you to know about them. That’s the only way to explain this attempt to spike the football. Word to the wise, Mike. You and other Trump diehards better be careful–that football you were so eager to spike may be about to hit you in the mouth.
- Trumpkin False Prophet: Call Me A Fraud, And God Will Smite You - June 17, 2019
- Pro-Gun Blogger Calls For ‘Gun Pride Month’ - June 16, 2019
- Crackpot Minister: Climate Change Is A Demonic Trick - June 13, 2019
- Wingnut Pastor: God Is Blessing Us With A ‘Narrow Reprieve’ Through Trump - June 11, 2019
- Rush Limbaugh’s Brother: Calling Out Trump’s Lies Breaches ‘Rules Of Civility’ - June 9, 2019
- Trumpkin Pastor: Democrats Are ‘Mentally Deranged,’ So Vote For Trump - June 9, 2019
- Fundies Defend Preacher Who Claims A Private Plane Keeps Satan Out - June 5, 2019
- Trumpkin Preacher: The Media Is The False Prophet - June 3, 2019
- Jim Bakker: The Feds Are Bullying Trump Like They Bullied Me - June 2, 2019
- Laura Ingraham Allows Rudy To Blow An Anti-Semitic Dog Whistle - June 1, 2019