Michele Bachmann, lunatic culture warrior and former representative from Minnesota, suddenly reversed herself on the separation of church and state this weekend.
During an appearance on “Understanding The Times,” an evangelical radio show hosted by Jan Markell, Bachmann opined that the city of Minneapolis had violated the separation of church and state by setting up a hotline to report hate crimes.
“What we’re seeing is that hotlines are being set up by units of government for the purpose of encouraging people to call in and rat on their fellow man to report a hate crime,” Bachmann blathered, clearly confusing hate crimes with hate speech.
“What they’re trying to do is implement anti-blasphemy laws. They’re trying to implement Islamic Sharia law locally in order to quiet churches and quiet anybody who would talk about what the truth is about Islam.”
Installed during June, the hotline immediately received “viable” reports of assault, property damage, and “harassing behaviors.” However, Bachmann maintained that the hotline is an act of “civilization jihad” against good Christian folk like herself who just want to tell Muslims how evil they are.
“They want jihad through the court system to silence speech because when you take away someone’s speech rights to speak out — like we’re doing right now, to tell the truth about something — then it’s game over,” she said.
“There should be a lawsuit filed against the city of Minneapolis for doing this,” Bachmann continued. “They have violated the so-called separation of church and state that the left is so in love with because they’re preferring Islam over any other religion and, number two, they’re fascists. That’s what they are, they’re fascists; they want to shut down your right to free speech.”
Of course, Bachmann is the same Christian chauvinist who famously called the separation of church at state “a myth” during a December, 2011 GOP presidential primary debate.
Apparently, she meant that the separation should only exist if it protects assault, vandalism, and harassment directed at Muslims. That’s not surprising, as Bachmann was by far the most aggressive Islamophobe in Congress during her political career.
Here is the audio via Right Wing Watch:[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/335653469″ params=”color=ff5500″ width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
- How White Nationalist WH Aide Stephen Miller Became The Perfect Trump Voter - August 4, 2017
- Michele Bachmann Wants Church-State Separation To Protect Hate Crimes - August 2, 2017
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Lied On His Security Clearance Form - July 13, 2017
- Trump Begins The American Kleptocracy With Air Traffic Control - June 5, 2017
- Neo-Nazi National Guardsman Converts To Islam, Kills His Neo-Nazi Roommates - May 23, 2017
- Morning Joe, Republicans Agree: Donald Trump Is Losing It - May 2, 2017
- Trump Waves Off Questions About His Russia Ties, ‘Wiretap’ Claims (VIDEO) - May 1, 2017
- For Michael Flynn, Orange Really Is The New Black - April 27, 2017
- Fox Five’s Greg Gutfield Wants To Inspire The Next Robert Dear - April 26, 2017
- Donald Trump Will Bear All The Blame For A Government Shutdown - April 24, 2017