Every day is “opposite day” in the strange land of Republicans and their Dirty Tricks. Due to the fact their ideas are anathema to a free and prosperous middle-class as well as a habitable planet on which to live, Republicans have mastered the art of deception and Orwellian language to disguise the opposite of what they actually do or intend.
For example, a Big Timber handout was cloaked in “the Healthy Forest Initiative”; a law that reduces air pollution controls and allowing polluters to poison our air without enforcement is wrapped in the deceptive “Clear Skies Act,” and now a Bill proposed by biggest beneficiary of Telco/ISP Lobby Money, Republican John McCain that seeks to slow down and even block parts of the Internet is being cloaked in the misleading moniker of “the Internet Freedom Act of 2009.”
With the FCC poised to make Net Neutrality the standard and thus preserve and promote the open, interconnected nature of the public Internet (regardless of fees), Republicans got their cues from their corporate puppet masters and their propaganda machines went into full tilt boogie with their usual fear and lies.
This Video explains Net Neutrality:
Knowing that his supporters are stupid enough to vote for Republicans and ignorant enough not to understand what “Net Neutrality” means, McCain, who by his own admission, doesn’t know how to use a computer, stoked the inherent cowardice of his paranoid followers with an Op-Ed in the Washington Times in which he defended his Bill with the usual lies and fear tactics, “These new rules should rightly be viewed by consumers suspiciously as another government power grab over a private service provided by private companies in a competitive marketplace.”
In reality, the “power grab” is coming from private phone companies and Internet service providers who would limit free speech and turn the Internet into just another outlet where rich corporations drown out the voice of the “little guy.”
These big companies have been drooling over the proposition of being able to charge tiered fees to Internet users. The obvious outcome it that the public would be forced to view the websites of smaller providers through a slow-connection while rich customers pay for the privilege of having their websites in the “fast lane.”
The most outrageous attack and contemptible lie came from admitted manic-depressive, alcoholic, drug addicted and suicide ideating Glenn Beck, who called net neutrality a “Marxist plot” by the Obama administration to take over the Internet.
The truth is, by standing against Net Neutrality, McCain, Beck and their willfully ignorant supporters of Corporatism are actually working hard to ensure that those with the most wealth can manipulate, and even stop, the flow of information without strict neutrality.
It is to be expected that Republicans bring nothing but lies, propaganda and scare tactics to table as they attempt to suck any drop of profit out of the American people while simultaneously suppressing free speech. Although it doesn’t seem that McCain’s disingenuous Bill is currently getting much traction, we must stay on top of their fabrications and immediately eviscerate them with the sharpest tool in our arsenal: truth.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018