Former Texas Appeals Court Chief Justice and current congressional goof-ball, Louie Gohmert, is back in the news cycle.
(The “Chief Justice” bit? He was appointed by Rick Perry, in case you were wondering.)
Seems Louie’s got a terrible bad case of the “sadz.” All because them darn “libtard” Dems are doing their constitutional duty! They’re calling the oaf in the Oval Office to account for his crimes.
Yesterday [10/31/19], in case you were spelunking a cave on Io, the House of Representatives formally inaugurated impeachment proceedings. Despite Repugs previous complaints that the Dems hadn’t already done that, they still got quite upset about it.
Their problem, of course, was that they couldn’t argue substance. (How does one do that when the perpetrator has already admitted that he committed the crime.) That left them arguing procedure. Despite the fact that the “procedure” has been pretty much normal for this type of situation in the past (Think Nixon & Clinton).
Now that that has been taken away they’ll have to think up some new tall tales to justify “dear leader.” (Some of these trogs already spin so much, it’s no wonder they’re so dizzy.)
Speaking of which, Enter: Louie Gohmert!
Gohmert had been with the group of Repugs that crashed a closed hearing, complaining about lack of Repug access. This, despite Repug committee members already being in attendance. In the end, they ordered pizza and ended up looking stupid. The hearing went on after they were escorted out.
Having not gotten the memo that the “procedure” ship had sailed and sank, Louie took the mike to give it one more Texas try.
He began by calling this whole thing a coup. Then he complained about the “armed guards” posted while depositions were being taken.
Never in the history of this country have we had such gross unfairness that one party would put armed guards with guns to prevent the duly authorized people from being able to hear the witnesses and see them for themselves!
Problem (for Gohmert) is that he was NOT “duly authorized” to be in the secure room.
Back to Louie.
That’s not the kind of evidence that a coup should be based on. If we’re going to have what they’re trying to legalize as a coup, we ought to have a right to see each of those witnesses.
He pretends that impeachment hearings are like criminal trials and utilize the same rules. They are NOT THE SAME, and they DO NOT! You would think a “Chief Justice” turned congressman would know that. (But then, this is “Screwy Louie” Gohmert we’re talking about.)
As I said before, this impeachment inquiry is running under basically the same rules as the last two. But, in the “Age of Alternate Facts,” that doesn’t seem to matter to some.
Then comes the implied threat:
It’s about to push this country to a civil war if they were to get their wishes. And if there’s one thing I don’t want to see in my lifetime, I don’t want to ever have participation in, it’s a civil war. Some historian, I don’t remember who, said, guns are only involved in the last phase of a civil war.
What is it with right-wing trogs, that if they don’t get their way, there will be violence? So far, I’ve heard this kind of claptrap from everybody from Rick Wiles to the orange oaf, himself.
And, as we have learned from sad experience, there are mental midgets out there that will take this as a “call to action!”
STAY TUNED! This is going to get a lot worse, before it gets better.
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020
- Trump Accuses Biden Of Trying To ‘Abolish Suburbs’ In Odd Rose Garden Press Conference - July 17, 2020
- Trump Fires Campaign Manager Brad Parscale, Replaces Him With Bill Stepien Amid Poor Polling - July 16, 2020
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020