“Screwy Louie” Gohmert in back!
Or, more formally: Congressman and ex-Chief Justice, Louis Buller Gohmert Jr. has returned to the news cycle, y’all! (Chief Justice “Screwy” was appointed by a Republican governor, Rick Perry. Which, btw, explains a whole helluva lot.)
In the “Pre-rump Era,” Screwy Louie was the prime, and mostly unintentionally hilarious, nut cake in D.C.. It’s not for nothing, that he’s been referred to as the “stupidest Congressman” on numerous occasions.
Then, with the advent of the oaf in the Oval Office and his morally bankrupt enablers in Congress,
Gomer, I mean Gohmert, kind of got lost in the crowd.
But, election time is rolling around. Time for some anal smooching with his base of tinfoiled troglodytes. However, he needed an issue to rouse the rabble.
Fortunately, (for Screwy) 22 people were murdered at an El Paso Walmart last weekend.
After the mass murder, the “suspect,” acting on the Oval Office oaf’s racist rhetoric, has been charged with a hate crime.
Screwy sees this as a great danger…to preachers!
On Monday, Screwy gave an interview to KETK-TV. When asked about the political ramifications of the El Paso murders, he went off on the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act, passed in 2009.
There is no death penalty under federal law. So, all of this screaming and yelling, ‘we need to punish him for hate crimes,’ you know, that’s just going to be something used to lock up preachers someday.
We should punish people for what they actually do, and not for something stupid that they say or may have crossed their mind. If justice is really going to be done in El Paso, “they need to use Texas law” so the shooter will get the death penalty instead of life in prison.
First of all, as for “There is no death penalty under federal law.” Tell that to the 5 inmates that Attorney General Bill Barr, just ordered executed. Or, better yet, read the Death Penalty Act of 1994. You would think Louie would know that, having been the Chief Justice on Texas’s 12th Court of Appeals. (Opps, sorry. I momentarily forgot. This is SCREWY Louie we’re talking about.)
As to the “lockup preachers” bit??? Not really getting the connection on that, but it seems to me, that if preachers don’t want to be prosecuted for hate crimes, they shouldn’t commit them. Problem (if there ever was one) solved!
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019