Hypocrisy is a holy obligation to Republicans, so don’t hold your breath for them to care that Vice President Mike Pence used a private email server for government business while he was governor of Indiana – and he was hacked.
ABC News reports, “The revelation came after the Trump campaign railed against former Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton for using private email and a private server to conduct State Department business. Clinton was not charged with a crime after she was alleged to have mishandled classified information, but was reprimanded by the FBI.”
In response to the revelation, Pence’s office rejected the comparison to Hillary Clinton’s private email server, stating that he wasn’t handling classified information, although… …. Wait for it…. Wait for it… that’s a lie.
While Republicans were angry at the Hillary Clinton’s “careless” handling of sensitive government materials and the vulnerability of her private server, emails obtained by The Indiana Star show that Pence did discuss national security issues on his private server and he was definitely hacked.
The Indiana Star reports, “As governor, Pence oversaw Indiana’s state police, national guard and department of homeland security, all of which collaborate with federal authorities and handle sensitive information.
The emails provided to IndyStar show that Pence corresponded with his then-chief of staff, Jim Atterholt, and his top public safety and homeland security adviser John Hill, on subjects including Pence’s efforts to prevent the resettlement of Syrian refugees and the state’s response to a shooting at Canada’s national parliament building.
‘I just received an update from the FBI regarding the individuals arrested for support of ISIS,’ Hill wrote to Pence in a Jan. 8, 2016 email with the subject, ‘Arrests of Refugees.’
…Pence’s own account was compromised in June when a hacker sent a counterfeit email to his contacts claiming Pence he and his wife had been attacked on their way back to their hotel in the Philippines, losing their money, bank cards and mobile phone.
In response, Pence sent an email to those who had received the fake communication apologizing for any inconvenience. He also set up a new AOL account.
Because the hacker appears to have gained access to Pence’s contacts, experts say it is likely that the account was actually penetrated, giving the hacker access to Pence’s inbox and sent messages.”
Yes, the same fascists who chant “lock her up” whenever they’re gathered for the “Two Minute Hate” against Hillary Clinton, apoplectic that her use of a private email server compromised American secrets, aren’t making a peep about Pence. After all, there’s Americans who need to be stripped of their health care and Social Security, and Republicans have their priorities. Everything, they do is politically motivated to advance the oligarchy agenda – as their never-ending hypocrisy attests.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018