Other than the increasingly dangerous and more frequent storms thanks to human-caused climate change, there’s nothing more dependable than Republican hypocrisy.
Earlier in the week, well paid right-wing propagandist, Rush Limbaugh, told his easily-led listeners to disregard warnings of the catastrophic hurricane barreling down on them, as it was likely part of a “deep state” conspiracy liberals will use to try and convince consumers of filthy, archaic, oil to (gasp) switch to clean, non-polluting, non-toxic renewables.
On Wednesday, The Independent reported Limbaugh, “said that the media were portraying the hurricane as deadly but that they “are never as strong as they’re reported” and news stations use graphics ‘to make it look like the ocean’s having an exorcism, just getting rid of the devil here in the form of this hurricane, this bright red stuff’.
That was being done in the hope of tricking people into believing that the storms were the result of climate change, and that as a result people should work to counteract global warming. ‘You have people in all of these government areas who believe man is causing climate change, and they’re hellbent on proving it, they’re hellbent on demonstrating it, they’re hellbent on persuading people of it,’ he said.”
True to Republican form, after working hard to spread misinformation, endangering his audience of easily-led dupes, Limbaugh announced he would be saving his own well-pampered, well-padded skin, and fleeing his South Florida home.
On Thursday, he told his victims/listeners, “May as well announce this. I’m not going to get into details because of the security nature of things, but it turns out that we will not be able to do the program here tomorrow. We’ll be on the air next week, folks, from parts unknown.”
As we see, yet again, Republicans are quite willing to put the lives of others on the line. As soon as their own safety and security are in jeopardy, their “ideals” are exposed for what they are – blatant lies aimed at making people stupid enough to cheer – and vote for – their own demise.
In response to his blatant (but not unexpected) hypocrisy, Twitter got to work publicly shaming the right wing mouthpiece.
Here’s some of the best.
Keep up the great work, Internet! A little public shaming can do wonders.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018