Just when I think my hatred for Joe Lieberman can’t get any deeper, he goes and does something like this.
Proving once again that he possesses personality traits common in a malignant narcisist, Joe Lieberman began to throw monkey wrenches into the wheels of true health insurance reform after he realized that the Democratic courting of Queen Olympia Snowe was getting the media attention Lieberman can’t get enough of – that, coupled with the fact that his wife Hadassah is a health and pharmaceutical lobbyist currently receiving a fat paycheck from the lobbying firm, APCO Associates was the perfect storm of Lieberman opportunism.
As reported on the Huffington Post, “Joe Lieberman has forced his will on the Senate Democratic caucus and the nation as a whole. After the party reached a compromise last week to effectively drop the public option in exchange for allowing 55- to 64-year-olds to buy into Medicare, that compromise is now in doubt.
Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut, told Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Sunday that he will block any bill that includes the buy-in. As the 60th vote needed to overcome a Republican filibuster, he can do that.” Read the entire post here.
Democrats have been attempting to reach a compromise with the Senior senator from Israel of the Lieberman for Lieberman party, which initially meant eliminating the Public Option that the majority of Americans favor. Now it seems that nothing will satisfy Lieberman as his true agenda is to make sure more Americans continue to die or go bankrupt in the only for-profit health insurance system in the world which routinely denies health care based on the fact whether fat-CEOs can continue to reap unconscionable bonuses. For example, United Health Group’s former CEO Bill McGuire reaped a 1.6 BILLION Dollar bonus for his work killing 45,000 Americans and bankrupting 1.5 million each year.
Lieberman’s betrayal comes without a sense of irony due to the fact that Lieberman promised during his re-election campaign to work for Universal Healthcare and recently supported the Medicare buy-in he is currently objecting to.
Lieberman was for the Medicare buy-in before he was against it.
Lieberman pledged support for universal health insurance in 2006 campaign.
Today’s betrayal has caused 80% of Democrats to demand Lieberman loses his chairmanship of the Senate Homeland Security Committee. Contact your Senator and tell them to take Lieberman to the woodshed.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018