Donald Trump is still some days away from being nominated as the president, but already, conservatives are falling all over themselves to grovel before this golden calf and lick his boots.
Witness this meme that’s finding its way around conservative circles on Facebook — it posits a single question.
Oh, fill in the blank? Please, don’t mind if I do:
- … a cocktail sausage-fingered orange-skinned coward
- … a Russian stooge
- … Putin’s personal lapdog
- … corrupt
- … venal
- … morally bankrupt
- … in love with himself
- … a liar
- … a child rapist
- … a sex offender
- … a man who will make Neville Chamberlain look bold and decisive
- … a man who will make Vidkun Quisling look patriotic and loyal to his country
- … a man whose administration must be stopped at all costs
I mean, this list goes on and on. That’s just right off the top of my head.
Of course, since this is a conservative echo chamber, the responses are less anchored in reality — although arguably far more amusing:
Get over it? Funny how spending eight years dressed up in a revolutionary war costume leased from Halloween Express is perfectly acceptable so long as the president is black.
Yeah, and to start the healing, we’re gonna strip 20 million Americans of their healthcare, spike premiums through the roof, and ensure the deaths of thousands of Americans every year by repealing Obamacare. Hundreds of millions of Americans will no longer have health insurance as a result. And then for an en core, we’re going after Medicare and Social Security.
Alright, I’ll ask the question everyone is: where was this guy when Obama was elected?
I’ll ask again: where the hell was this person when Obama was elected?
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. There’s so much conservative self-congratulatory masturbation on that page that it might be beneficial to have a little liberal intrusion, just to remind them that not everyone feels like they do about their precious thin-skinned Lord and Savior.
Not that I would ever recommend doing such a thing, of course. But here’s the link again if you missed it.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018