Earlier this month, right-wing lawyer Sidney Powell–best known as the lead defense attorney for former national security adviser Michael Flynn–famously vowed to devour Joe Biden before he could take the presidency from Donald Trump. She told Lou Dobbs that she intended to unleash a “kraken” that would devour the massive fraud that accounted for Biden’s win.
Watch that now-infamous interview here.
Powell claimed that if not for this supposed fraud, Trump would have won reelection in a landslide. What extraordinary evidence did she offer for this extraordinary claim? Many of those states used machines from Dominion Voting Systems, a company that was supposedly created to steal elections.
To Powell’s mind, if states are “stupid enough” to certify Biden’s win, they’re in for a surprise. Supposedly, “patriots” are coming forward with evidence that their votes were altered. She argued that Big Tech and the media were in cahoots to steal the election from Trump–and she was going to spell out the evidence to prove it. As she put it, “I’m going to release the kraken.”
Based on what we’ve seen of Powell since then, the only things she wants this kraken to devour are basic decency and the will of the people. First, on November 19, she claimed Biden only won due to an international plot involving Communists, Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez, George Soros, and the Clinton Foundation. That was too bonkers even for Trump, who cut ties with her three days later.
Powell has since filed a blizzard of “Kraken” lawsuits in Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin–all of which have been shot down. She has also called for Republican-controlled legislatures in swing states to disregard any popular vote wins for Biden and appoint pro-Trump electors to cast their states’ votes in the Electoral College.
Wait a minute. Powell claims that she’s out to uphold the will of the people, but is openly calling for swing-state legislatures to ignore the people’s will? If anything, that sounds like something Chavez and his commie compatriots would do. It makes this tweet Powell fired off early Monday morning particularly hard to understand.
Powell was adding her commentary to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo decrying the recent elections in Venezuela. The opposition refused to take part, contending that free elections were not possible in the current climate. Powell contends that we’re seeing a repeat of this same fraud here in this country.
But wait a minute. The run-up to the elections saw numerous cases where the highest court in the country, a pliant tool of Venezuelan dictator Nicolas Maduro, intervened in the affairs of opposition parties. Hmmm–sounds a lot like the current situation, where Trump and his acolytes are trying to bully and intimidate legislatures and election officials into reversing Trump losses in swing states.
Powell claims that “the will of the people” has not been respected. Um, Sidney? As of this writing, Biden has garnered over 81 million votes and leads Trump by over seven million votes. Can the will of the people be any clearer?
Don’t insult our intelligence, Sidney. Your call to “release the kraken” is a call for a coup. To insist that it is anything else only serves to beclown yourself–and besmirch the names of our alma mater and our nation.
- Arizona Wingnut Wants Women To Do Hard Time For Abortion - January 27, 2021
- Congresswoman Wails About Pronouns, But Is Okay With Lying About Election - January 23, 2021
- GOP Congresswoman: It’s ‘Indisputable’ Trump Needed To Be Impeached - January 17, 2021
- ‘Prophetic’ Writer: God Allowed Attack On Capitol To Rebuke Democrats - January 14, 2021
- Trump Lawyer: You Can’t Have ‘Smooth Transition’ If Trump Is Pushed Out - January 10, 2021
- Fundies Want Proof Biden Won Even After Trump Tried To Steal Georgia - January 4, 2021
- Trumpkin Lawyer Thinks VP Pence ‘Will NEVER Certify A Lie’ - December 30, 2020
- Trumpkin Pastor: Accept Trump As God’s ‘Key Instrument,’ Or Shut Up - December 19, 2020
- Trumpian preachers: Evangelical Prophets or Evangelical Prevaricators? - December 17, 2020
- Matt Gaetz: Only A ‘Partisan Hack’ Accepts That Trump Lost - December 12, 2020