The Republican plan to ram Brett Kavanaugh onto the Supreme Court took a severe detour on Sunday afternoon, when a woman who claimed Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her 35 years ago stepped out of the shadows–Christine Blasey Ford, a professor at Palo Alto University. Sadly, as has become SOP when a woman comes forward to claim a celebrity or public figure sexually assaulted her, Blasey Ford has been insulted, and smeared from one end to the other by Donald Trump’s most diehard supporters.
This smear campaign actually began soon after Senator Dianne Feinstein revealed that she’d forwarded Blasey Ford’s letter to the FBI, while Blasey Ford still wanted to remain anonymous. Tellingly, even First Son Donald Trump Jr. saw fit to join this vulture flock around this time.
Blasey Ford said that she was reluctant to come forward in part because of fears she would be relentlessly insulted and trolled. This is one of the very reasons that many victims, especially those without access to Blasey Ford’s resources, don’t come forward for years if they come forward at all.
This is why we have to wonder what message the White House wants to send when presidential counselor and information minister Kellyanne Conway pleaded for calm on “Fox & Friends” on Monday morning. Watch here.
When co-host Brian Killmeade asked Conway about Blasey Ford speaking up, Conway struck what seemed to be a positive tone.
Well, this woman should not be insulted, and she should not be ignored.
Why “seemed to be,” you ask? Well, why didn’t someone tell Donald Jr. to take down that outrageous post on Instagram? After all, if Kellyanne was speaking for Trump, then we have to assume that Trump is being presidential for once and doesn’t want Blasey Ford to be “insulted” or “ignored.”
Indeed, as I write this on Monday afternoon, Donald Jr.’s post is still up. And just in case he deletes it and tries to claim it’s fake news, we have a receipt.
Congratulations, Junior. The fact that you don’t have the decency to delete this post shows why Blasey Ford kept quiet for so long. What a lovely example to set for your three sons. And what if someone had posted something like this about one of your daughters? Even allowing for your father not being the best role model for you or Eric, this post is absolutely disgraceful.
In light of Donald Sr. apparently speaking through his information minister to say that Blasey Ford should not be “insulted” or “ignored,” the only thing we need to hear from Donald Jr. on this is a full and unreserved apology to Blasey Ford. And if Donald Sr. is serious about this new line, then he will insist that Donald Jr. do so.
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief Smears Chrissy Teigen–Again - August 19, 2019
- False Prophet Warns Against Supporting Dems, Explains It’s ‘Spiritual Treason’ - August 18, 2019
- False Prophet: Bow And Pray To The Orange God, Or You’ll Burn Forever - August 17, 2019
- Activists Who Fight Against Fundies In Military Reveal Some Of Their Hate Mail - August 14, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief: Q May Have Planned For Epstein To Die In His Cell - August 12, 2019
- Leading Trumpkin Refuses To Accept Reality That Jeffrey Epstein Killed Himself - August 11, 2019
- Chief QAnon Kook’s Silence On Elephant In Epstein Room Is Telling - August 8, 2019
- Young McConnell Supporter Apologizes For AOC Choke Joke - August 6, 2019
- Very Fine Young McConnell Supporters Think It’s OK To Choke AOC - August 5, 2019
- Donald Jr. Likes Video Calling Out Men Who Trash Women - August 3, 2019