According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, more than 115 Americans of an opioid overdose every day, and unsurprisingly, Trump has tasked a completely unprepared idiot with coming up with the remedy.
While speaking with a millennial forum, “U.S. Generation Next,” White House counselor Kellyanne Conway shared her so-called advice on this alarming health crisis that sounds like an episode of “Sex In The City” meets Nancy Reagan’s ineffective “Just Say No.” Namely – just eat ice cream and french fries.
Referring to fentanyl, in her best “big girl” voice, Conway said, “It has 50 times the potency of heroin, 100 times the potency of morphine. Folks are reading the [nutrition] labels, they won’t put any sugar in their body, they don’t eat carbs anymore, and they’re very very fastidious about what goes into their body and then you buy a street drug for five or ten dollars, it’s laced with fentanyl, and that’s it…
So I guess my short advice [to millennials] is, as somebody double your age: Eat the ice cream. Have the French fry. Don’t buy the street drug. Believe me, it all works out.”
Yeah. “It all works out.” Like when completely unqualified sycophants get tasked with “fixing” one of society’s most deadly health emergencies.
Leave it to Republicans to rehash their most ineffectual ideas. After all, Republicans aren’t a political party, they’re a cult hopelessly cling to an ideology, regardless of the real-world consequences. Republicans have no business being anywhere near the halls of power, much less making life and death decisions in a crisis.
Here’s how some on Twitter responded:
That should solve it https://t.co/1G4z88AbsA
— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) March 22, 2018
We’ve gone from Just Say No to Drugs to Just Say Yes to Diabetes https://t.co/itop8gSZVB
— Michael Cohen (@speechboy71) March 22, 2018
"Let them eat cake" never works well with the suffering citizenry, @KellyannePolls You're on the wrong side of history with that attitude.
— captanne (@captanne) March 22, 2018
Wow great shit. Consider THIS crisis solved https://t.co/7LIYp3Fpfm
— Patrick Monahan (@pattymo) March 22, 2018
Conway’s ridiculous advice for battling addiction highlights, yet again, that Republicans are worse than useless. They’re dangerously dumb and, by the time we’ve finally expelled them from the seats of power, they will undoubtedly leave a trail of corpses behind.
This is why we resist. Everyone, please ensure your voter registration is valid. Every Republican must be voted out of office before they kill us all.
Watch the clip, below:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018