Let’s wait and see if Republican advisor Doug Holtz-Eakin, former Director of the Congressional Budget Office and economic advisor to John McCain’s Presidential campaign, who criticized the President’s health care reforms as too expensive and was against true reform with the implementaion of a Public Option, has a “road to Damascus” conversion when his 51 year-old arse can’t get medical care without going bankrupt due to the fact that he is “uninsurable” because of having undergone right renal auto transplant surgery after one of his kidneys was damaged in an accident.
Holtz-Eakin, has been unemployed since McCain decisively lost the Presidential election in 2008 and has only been able to have coverage because of the hard work of the recently deceased liberal lion Ted Kennedy, who’s efforts on COBRA, the federal program that allows people to retain their former company’s health benefits permitted him to purchase his plan for $1000 a month for the last 18 months.
His 18 months are now coming to an end and, much to his mother’s dismay, Holtz-Eakin will soon join the millions of uninsured and uninsurable Americans, 45,000 of which die every year for lack of health care in the for-profit, “pay or die,” “your money or your life” American health insurance racket.
Devoid of the ability to empathize, Repugs only “see the light” when something affects them directly. 14 years shy of the age where he can partake of the socialized medical system known as Medicare, Mr. Holtz-Eakin might find himself agreeing with the need of America to join the rest of the civilized world and provide health care as a moral imperative not a means for fat CEO Billion dollar bonuses. Read more here.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018