To me, ex-con and current con man, Jim Bakker, is more hilarious than scary. What is scary is that there are actually people dumb enough to believe him. And, don’t get me started on some of the guest liars he promotes on his show.
The subject they discussed was how to get a “Heartbeat Bill” passed in congress so ‘Murica would be abortion free. The bill outlaws abortion as soon as a heartbeat is detected and several weeks before pregnancy is normally even noticed by the mother. The bill is so extreme that even Mississippi’s legislature rejected it. Not only that, it’s been declared unconstitutional by a couple of courts and the Supreme Court refused to review the ruling.
But, “true-believers” never let a little thing like the Constitution, get in the way of their fantasies. To Bakker, this is “the most important thing going on in the world right now.”
I believe America is cursed if we keep murdering our babies. I believe we are doomed as a nation—whatever you think, I don’t care, because I believe God says, ‘Thou shall not kill.’ And to murder our unborn babies, I don’t believe God can look [the other way].
This program could be an important cog to stop abortion in this country. The thing we have done in America, we have killed our babies. We have killed the future of America. I told you the other day about a story, someone said they asked God, ‘Why haven’t we had a cure for cancer?’ And He said back, ‘I gave you two scientists that had the cure and both of them were aborted.’
Bakker didn’t mention which tinfoil toupeed troglodyte thought the voices in his head were Big Daddy’s.
The next day, the program continued down that alley.
Porter asked Bakker to convince Trump to publicly embrace the bill.
Next time you talk to him, ask him if he’ll send out a tweet that says, ‘If a heartbeat’s detected, the baby’s protected. #PassTheHeartbeatBill.
A lot of people are upset about some things that Congress has done and not done. What I believe is going to bring out the base, just like it did in the presidential election, is if we pass the Heartbeat Bill. If we see a victorious vote on the floor of the United States House of Representatives, the people in the pro-life community are going to come out in droves and they are going to make sure that majority gets returned.
Of course, Bakker gave that a big old “amen.”
There is going to be a blessing on the country if we turn to God and we do what God wants us to do.
And Tom Delay popped in with his two-bit (adjusted for inflation) opinion.
If we end abortion, God is back in control, back in the public square, and we have defeated Satan, who kicked God out of the public square over the last 60 years.
So, if you miss seeing ol’ Scratch hanging around the old town square anymore, you’ll know why.
h/t Right Wing Watch
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January - August 20, 2019
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right - August 17, 2019
- ‘Flat Earth’ Rocket Launch Aborted Due to Bad Used Water Heater - August 15, 2019
- Louie Gohmert: Charging Terrorist With Hate Crime Will Lead To Sending Preachers To Prison - August 7, 2019
- Knuckle Dragger: Country Songs Contain Evil Magic Spells - August 4, 2019
- Bishop Claims Homosexuality Is The Product Of Women Enjoying Anal Sex - July 28, 2019
- Woman Thinks Spiderman’s Hands Belong To Satan! - July 18, 2019
- Paula White: White House Is Holy Ground Because Of Me - July 11, 2019
- Fake ‘Historian’: The 2nd Amendment Allows You to Own a Tank - July 8, 2019
- Khristian School Kindergarten Teacher Charged With Sex Assault - July 5, 2019