President Obama’s second inaugural address has right wing CONS apoplectic with the notion that the Reagan era (error) has finally come to an end.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell lamented, “one thing is clear from the president’s speech: The era of liberalism is back. His unabashedly far-left-of-center inaugural speech certainly brings back memories of the Democratic Party in ages past.” Considering the fact that the American middle class was made possible by Democratic New Deal policies, we can only hope. The fact is, we’re reaching a tipping point where the Faux News propaganda isn’t loud enough to drown out the dismal reality Reaganomics voodoo has heaped on the working class… and the people are figuring out they’ve been played.
Equal pay for equal work, gay rights, Social Security, Medicare, and the notion that “our country cannot succeed when a shrinking few do very well and a growing many barely make it.” These are not the radical ravings of an avowed Marxist… but quite mundane, mainstream thought. McConnell’s desperately attempt to categorize the President’s commitments to social equality and economic justice as “far-left-of-center” illustrates again just how out-of-touch the Republican party is to the working people in this nation.
For the majority of Americans, Reaganomics was a failure. Even Reagan’s own Budget Director admitted Reaganomics destroyed the economy by turning America from the most to the least upwardly mobile with the widest income gap of all industrialized nations. Stagnating wages and concentrating wealth at the top would be considered a failure if your mission was to create a society that works for all – not just billionaires.
The fact that the Republicans are STILL peddling their trickle-down voodoo speaks volumes that they simply have a different definition of “success.” Namely, the Republicans’ true constituency “succeeds” when the rich get richer and the working class are permanently ensconced as the more malleable, compliant, and easily exploitable “working poor.” Let’s face it, conquering the working majority and empowering the few was always the point of “trickle down voodoo economics” – and it still is.
Watch: Rachael Maddow Explains How Reaganomics Destroyed The Middle Class:
We have a long way to go to dig ourselves out of this greed-centered hole Republicans and DINOS put us in. The President’s speech is not policy, but it is a declaration that the mindset is shifting from voodoo to reality. The fight for a new, New Deal is just beginning.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018