Roy Moore, Big Daddy’s Alabama Xmas gift to the Democrats is back in the news cycle!
If you’ve been on a brief break, surfing the methane seas of Titan, here’s what you missed:
- He was accused of sexual misconduct with a minor by eight women. A claim backed up by quite a few others.
- He lost a “sure-fire” election!
- He lost the lawsuit challenging the election!
- He proclaimed that the whole thing was a plot against him and btw, could he have some of your money so he could sue some more?
- He instigated a law suit against his accusers, claiming that four of them engaged in a criminal conspiracy against him.
- He gave a “non-denial denial” about a future grab for office.
That last bit is what brings us here today.
In state-wide elections, Moore is batting .400, which is damn good if you’re playing baseball…. in politics, meh.
His record: two wins for Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, one loss for U.S. Senator and another two losses in his runs for Governor of Alabama. It seems he may be thinking of throwing his Two-Gallon Hat in the ring for another try.
On the 30th of last month, it was reported that “he has no plans to run for any office again.” Probably realizing that statement would have a negative effect on his political and financial support, he sent out a statement yesterday to do some damage control:
At a press conference on April 30, 2018 announcing the filing of a defamation lawsuit against my accusers, a reporter asked me if I had plans to run for public office again. ‘I have no plans at this time for running for anything,; I said. The reporter continued: ‘Not even Governor?’ I answered: ‘No.’
The Associated Press then sent out a story, picked up by Time Magazine, that misquoted me as saying I had ‘no plans to run for any office again, including that of Alabama governor.’
To clarify, as I said in my response, I have no plans at this time to run for office. Nevertheless, plans change. If the opportunity arises to make a difference, I will have no reluctance to again run for political office, including that of Governor.
That, my friends, is a classic “non-denial denial!” It doesn’t contradict his original statement, while leaving a loophole to rival the size of the Brandenburg Gate!
Alabama’s filing deadline for its 2018 election was back in February, so no chance of running this time around. However, the Governor’s Mansion will be up for grabs in four years. Will he run? Will he won’t? At this point, he’s down-playing his options, but leaving them wide open.
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019
- Troglodyte: Use the Military to Arrest the Heads of Google, Facebook and Twitter - August 28, 2019