There’s nothing too funny about this, so let me just give it to you straight: John Farmer, the former Attorney General for the State of New Jersey and Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission who assisted in writing the The 9/11 Commission Report has penned a book stating that the official version of the terrorist attacks on The United States was based on false testimony by the White House, CIA, FBI and NORAD and is almost entirely untrue.
Citing documentary evidence verified by his colleagues on the commission, Farmer states in The Ground Truth: The Untold Story of America Under Attack on 9/11, “At some level of government, at some point in time, a decision was made not to tell the truth about the national response to the attacks on the morning of 9/11. We owe the truth to the families of the victims of 9/11. We owe it to the American public as well, because only by understanding what has gone wrong in the past can we assure our nation’s safety in the future.”
This startling revelation coming from an insider on the 911 Commission validates outrage of so-called “conspiracy theorists” who have been consistently ridiculed by mainstream, corporate-owned media. Since the time of the attacks, there has been a concerted effort by gatekeepers in government and the media to marginalize those who don’t accept the official story of what happened on September 11th, 2001 as tin-foil hat wearing kooks. Though one might naturally expect this from elements on the Republican “right,” prominent left-leaning gatekeepers have also been instrumental in making sure that a legitimate investigation never comes to fruition.
Comedian Bill Maher has had a long-standing battle with “9/11 Truthers” and seems to be adamant that legitimate questions are never seriously answered.
In a recent column on The Huffington Post Maher wrote, “…A third of Republicans believe Obama is not a citizen, and a third of Democrats believe that George Bush had prior knowledge of the 9/11 attacks…” equating outright inaccurate beliefs caused by an active Republican misinformation campaign concerning President Obama’s citizenship and the call for a REAL investigation about 911 as opposite sides of a coin in a fabricated left/right parity. Read that entire article here.
Maher is not alone in his willingness to swallow the official story and shut down calls for the truth. Markos Moulitsas, Publisher and founder of the so-called Progressive blog “Daily Kos” won’t even allow questions concerning the official story of 911 on his site and promptly removes posts that invite discussion.
Such lack of curiosity, willingness to comply and end discussion on what has now been verified by an insider as a government white-wash of the largest terrorist attack on American soil, although expected from the “Right,” is anathema to democracy, and far more detrimental when engaged in by progressive voices.
Farmer’s book proposed no theories of its own, but makes clear that we have been subjected to a systematic government cover-up and have yet to engage in a true investigation of events that became the lynch pin on which George W. Bush hung all his crimes against the Constitution, violations of international treaties, and expansions of executive power.
It’s time for Progressive gate-keepers to get out of the way and support a search for the truth.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018