Of all right-wing bloviators, Tomi Lahren counts among the most grating. She rose to prominence thanks to her penchant for regurgitating the right-wing’s most egregiously racist talking points while being young and blonde. It certainly wasn’t her grasp of history, much less reality (especially given her hatred for “summer school.”)
In keeping with the right-wing standard for troll qualifications, Lahren is also an unabashed hypocrite.
Lahren appeared on Fox News’ tediously grating “Watter’s World” to echo White House Chief of Staff’s John Kelly racist remarks about “some” (read: “brown”) immigrants inability to “assimilate.”
.@TomiLahren: “You don’t just come into this country with low skills, low education, not understanding the language and come into our country because someone says it makes them feel nice. That’s not what this country is based on.” @WattersWorld pic.twitter.com/Dux0cABHar
— Fox News (@FoxNews) May 13, 2018
In response to Kelly’s original remarks, journalist Jennifer Mendelsohn dove into Kelly’s background and found that his own great-grandfather lived in the U.S. for 18 years without ever learning to America, “read, write, or speak English.”
Well, now Mendelsohn is uncovering Lahren’s background. After all, the United States is a nation of immigrants – and Lahren doesn’t exactly have that “native American” look about her.
Surprise! Lahren’s family tree is full of immigrants who wouldn’t – or couldn’t – assimilate. Despite Lahren’s adamance “You don’t just come into this country with low skills, low education, not understanding the language and come into our country because someone says it makes them feel nice. That’s not what this country is based on.”
Except the 1930 census says Tomi’s 3x great-grandmother had been here for 41 years and still spoke German.
Her 2nd great-grandmother had been here for 10 yrs. Spoke no English.
— Jennifer Mendelsohn (@CleverTitleTK) May 13, 2018
— Jennifer Mendelsohn (@CleverTitleTK) September 4, 2017
According to the Inquisitor, “Her [Mendelson’s] findings on Sunday were not the first time that Mendelsohn had checked Lahren’s statements about immigration with the Fox pundit’s own family history. In September of 2017, after Lahren had made a comment comparing immigrants unfavorably to “law abiding” U.S. citizens, Mendelsohn found a 1906 document showing that Lahren’s great-great-grandfather had been indicted by a grand jury on a charge of forging his naturalization papers. He was later acquitted at trial, however.”
Oh, I forgot. Lahren’s family doesn’t count in her outrage. After all, they’re white.
Lahren has already been exposed on numerous occasions for being an utter fraud. For example, the time she admitted she’s on her parent’s health insurance plan (thanks, Obama) despite railing against “Obamacare.”
Former Office of Government Ethics chief Walter Shaub responded:
I’d trade Xenophobic Rage Barbie for a hard working immigrant any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Contributing less than nothing to this country, she exists only to make lazy white supremacists “with low skills, low education, [barely] understanding the language” feel nice.
— Walter Shaub (@waltshaub) May 13, 2018
For someone so young and unwoke, Lahren is one of the most divisive trolls going. Her only qualification is that she’s full of ignorance, brimming with hate, and willing to say anything hateful and ignorant while in front of a camera.
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018
- GOP Candidate Hardy Billington is Really Anti-Gay. Methinks He Doth Protest Too Much. - August 7, 2018
- Meghan McCain is the Poster Child for Why We Need to Save Democracy by Taxing the Rich - July 26, 2018
- Trump Supporter “Sees the Light” After ICE Deports her Daughter-in-Law - July 25, 2018
- Oathkeepers No-Show to Their Own Protest at Maxine Waters’ Office, Counter Protest Ensues - July 20, 2018
- Newspapers Worldwide Declare Trump a “Putin’s Poodle” Traitor - July 17, 2018
- Trump Doesn’t Seem to Know the Difference Between England, the U.K. and Great Britain - July 16, 2018
- Conservative Columnist Mocks GOP’s Strzok Hearing: ‘There’s a Reason They’re Called the Stupid Party’ (VIDEO) - July 13, 2018
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wants Us To Believe John Kelly is as Petty and Small As Trump - July 12, 2018
- Caught on Camera – Racist Harasses Woman for Wearing Shirt Depicting Puerto Rican Flag As Cops Do Nothing - July 10, 2018