Betsy DeVos as Trump’s Educational Secretary would give the Republicans a beeline to undoing equal public education in favor of corporate educational policies.
She would become the kingpin setting Republican Conservative educational policies, birthed under Reagan by Lamar Alexander in A Nation at Risk, to set up the destruction of public education in favor of a market-based educational agenda for the rich at the expense of the poor.
Where progressives want to preserve fair education for all students, Conservative policies don’t believe equality and education go hand in hand.
Here Are The 7 Biggest Dangers Of The DeVos Education Machine
7. DeVos and her machine politics want education to be a tool of the marketplace, absent of creative thinking and supported by a “survival of the fittest” agenda.
6. DeVos’ system reduces everything to high stakes testing, with scores that lack valid and reliable ways of assessing school standards.
5. DeVos’ evil “mothering” of her survival of the fittest system, would use those unreliable scores to dismantle “failing” schools, while expanding charter systems, in the largest urban districts, as models of success.
4. DeVos believes that separate is inherently equal!
3. The Republican-driven educational machine, with DeVos at the helm, would entrench a single line of connections to conservative publishing and technology industries, trading student educational equality for free-market corporate education, where the millionaires make money off the backs of students.
2. B*tch Betsy will continue to use massive amounts of personal and Super PAC money to establish the policy of shifting tax dollars to move with the child to charter or private schools.
1. Under DeVos’ system, the conditions of income inequality across America would limit poor students from any choice.
Mario Salvo in 1964 during the Free Speech Movement (FSM) exposed his school’s faculty as being a part of corporate management, with the Board of Regents acting like a Board of Directors of wealthy donors, and the students became mere raw materials for industry’s service. The fight against DeVos should be as Savio suggested in 1964:
There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart that you can’t take part! You can’t even passively take part! And you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus — and you’ve got to make it stop! And you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it — that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!!
While moving tax dollars seems tempting, the harm outweighs the benefits. The rich will rise at the expense of the poor student. The DeVos confirmation needs to be stopped, and Trump needs to be schooled.
- Forget Health, Paul Ryan and GOP Assert That Profit is the Only Worthy American Value - May 7, 2017
- “Alpha Male” Trump Uses Fox’s Pirro as His Puppet to Tell Ryan, You’re Fired! - March 27, 2017
- I Guess They Don’t ALL Suck. Here’s ONE GOP Senator Resisting Trump’s Big Oil Greed Agenda - February 15, 2017
- Real Leaders Don’t Break the Law! Hey, Flynn! You Say Resigned? We say YOU’RE FIRED! - February 14, 2017
- GOP Senator attempts to school Dem’s all nighter against Devil DeVos – and they show him the door! - February 7, 2017
- Trump’s Debt Delusions Could Lead To Economic Collapse Way Worse Than Dubya’s - January 25, 2017
- Conservative Set Out To Eliminate Radical Arts Programs With Trump At The Helm - January 21, 2017
- 4 Of Our Fav Senators Unleashed A Smackdown On Trump’s Education Sec–It Was….Beautiful - January 18, 2017
- The Twitter Court Verdict: Trump’s CBC Fiasco is Racist as F**K - January 17, 2017
- Here Are The 7 Biggest Dangers Of The DeVos Education Machine - January 16, 2017