I still haven’t seen the new Star Wars movie. I really need to. I attempted to go once. My date and I were running late and arrived at the theater about 5 minutes before start time. Generally, at least from what I’ve been told, this is not something one can pull off in LA. This ended up being the case. The cashier showed us the seating chart and what seats were still available. While there were still a handful of seats none of them were beside each other. My date looked at me and said “Well, I guess we’re not seeing it tonight.” Which, I’m glad she piped in, because I was about to just pick the two seats nearest to each other and tell her to text me when the movie was over. I’m bad about seeing movies…and I suppose dating.
Anyway, I think we need to applaud Meryl Streep. She had the courage to attempt the unthinkable and make an Awards’ Show mildly interesting. I applaud celebrities when they do this, I applauded Michael Moore, George Clooney, Kayne was rude…My point is Awards Show are generally mawkish celebrity circle-jerks so throwing in some dissident First Amendment fun is making lemonade out of lemons.
Meryl Streep really pissed on his parade, she probably didn’t realize that was doing him a favor. (Note: As of the writing of this it hasn’t been confirmed that the story is fake, maybe it is maybe it isn’t, but either way couldn’t pass up the play on words and at the end of the cycle Not-A-President Trump will still be a despicable human being).
Donald Trump responded to Meryl Streep. He’s vaguely responded to the Golden Shower allegations, the Alec Baldwin impressions really got his goat, and no, he’s not going to get off Twitter. Donald Trump is a celebrity first, and not a President at all. It’s time to fight celebrity with celebrity. It is time to face the glaring reality that we will soon be living in a country where Government activity can be stalled if someone in the public eye trolls the Not-A-President on Twitter. Might as well use that to our advantage. Get Tweeting celebrities and be vocal in the press. The next two years are in your hands and nobody will be able to call Twitter activism ineffective ever again.
- It Gets Worse: Babbling Sycophant, Alex Jones, Is Now Part of the “Powers That Be” - February 17, 2017
- It’s Not Time to Celebrate Daylin Leach…Yet - February 10, 2017
- Think the Open Internet Is Safe Under Trump? Guess Again - February 6, 2017
- How The Media Can Battle Alternative Facts According To Keith Olbermann - January 26, 2017
- Trump Approves Two Unpopular Pipelines With No Explanation - January 24, 2017
- Progressives Are FINALLY Positioning To Take Back The Democratic Party From The DINOs - January 24, 2017
- We Must Make Sure The Next Massive March Is In November 2018 And Ends In A Voting Booth - January 23, 2017
- This Farewell Letter To President Obama Echoes What’s In The Hearts Of Many - January 19, 2017
- PODCAST: Indie Bohemians: Homophobia in Trump’s America, An Insider Paul McCartney Quote and More! - January 19, 2017
- What Democrats Can Learn From the NFL Playoffs - January 17, 2017