I am hearing disturbing reports that DLC Alumni Rahm Emmanuel and Bill Clinton are trying to convince President Obama to pass a healthcare bill ANY healthcare bill even if that means eliminating the public option.
They believe that dropping the public option is the”compromise”they need to ensure that the lucrative contributions to the Democratic Party from the health insurance industry continue, and thus maintain a Democratic majority.
What good is that Democratic Majority if they don’t use it to implement the change we put them in office to implement and we so desperately need? I, like many others, didn’t knock on doors and give money to Democratic candidates so that they can go to Washington and continue to rig the game against the working people that’s the Republican’s job. We sent the Democrats to work in the interest of the people, not against it.
Insurance companies routinely get between the patient and the doctor in the name of profit.
In all the civilized world, we are not only the only country that does not guarantee health care for all it’s citizens regardless of income, we are the only country where health care is a FOR PROFIT enterprise.Â This is solely so people like real-life “Fat Bastard” Bill McGuire, United Healthcare’s former CEO, can walk away with a 1.6 billion dollar bonus.Â That’s not a typo – yes -ONE MAN walked away with a 1.6 BILLION dollar bonus.
We have a PAY OR DIE system in America and we pay almost DOUBLE than any other country and our outcomes are worse.
That’s a system that works just fine for the filthy Republicans because they do not work for the American People – they work for big-moneyed interests who own them.Â Although the Democrats are also paid for, they at least have the decency to throw the little people a bone once in a while.Â The Republicans can’t even FAKE this.Â This is why they wave their flags, fan the flames of racism and division, and appeal to the lowest aspects of the human psyche.Â Â They incite their hate-filled base to distract from their true agenda, which is, to bring us back to a system of Serfs and Lords.
Republicans will publicly agree that Health Care reform is necessary, but know they will never do anything about it because the PAY OR DIE system works just fine for them.Â THEY have excellent health care the pay or die system is stupidly profitable. George Bush himself once said that everyone can get health care if they show up at the emergency room.Â Â He may have well said, “let them eat cake!” The fact that people have to show up at the emergency room is precisely the reason we pay more for our disgraceful, greed-based, “your money or your life” system. The system is fine for the rich because the rich will always get the best care but woe to those in steerage.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018