Disingenuous Report Fear Tactic Proves Need For Strong Public Option
It’s not Reform without a Public Option
Max Baucus’ Senate Finance Committee voted today on their wet-kiss to health insurance companies, which on orders from those who gave Baucus 3 million dollars, doesn’t include a public option and still leaves 25 million Americans uninsured.
The bill passed with a mostly party line vote of 14 – 9. Queen Olympia Snow, representing one half of one percent of the population of the county, voted with the Democrats. Max Baucus continued to lament the bill didn’t have the bipartisanship he wanted, forgetting that the American People voted overwhelmingly for change – outright rejecting the continuation of failed Republican policies.
The Senate Finance Committee’s statements before the vote today was a window into the world of a system, fundamentally broken by big moneyed interests who flood the halls of power with billions of dollars and employ an army of lobbyists to ensure corporate interests take precedence over the interests of the majority of Americans.
The committee spent hours “debating” health insurance reform along predictable party lines, using the power the People entrusted them to ensure that the for-profit health system remain unscathed by the pesky unprofitable people who commit the crime of getting sick.
Republicans continuously whined that they were well aware of the need for reform; in spite of their never having done anything about it during the years Bush squatted in the White House and the outright lies they assaulted normal people with in an attempt to maintain a deplorable system. Additionally, they continued their orchestrated charade to position themselves as the *cough* “champions of Medicaid,” a laughable myth that depends on the public’s amnesia regarding the incessant Republican attempts to destroy it.
Republicans on the committee, sent to Washington under strict orders to maintain the status quo, continued to drag their feat and amp up fear tactics about “rationing,” knowing that their ignorant constituents will agree on command despite reality and will only back anything if and when something tragic directly happens to themselves personally.
Republicans and some Democrats in Name Only continued their mission to protect their benefactors in the insurance industry, irregardless that health care in America is a world wide disgrace that forces citizens to pay more than double than citizens of every other country on Earth, has worse outcomes, doesn’t cover everyone and whose death panels routinely kill thousands of Americans while forcing millions into “uniquely American” medical bankruptcies.
In an effort to get their “bought and paid for” Congress to ignore the cries of the people, 70% of whom favor a strong public option, the private health insurers, whose profits have grown 428% in the last 8 years and have spent 3.5 billion dollars lobbying congress to maintain their racket, are so desperate to keep sucking profit off our miseries that the day before the vote released a disingenuous report to alarm the already cash strapped dying middle class, threatening to raise their ever skyrocketing rates if forced to conform to reform.
The health insurance lobby hoped this scare tactic would strong arm their puppets in Congress to mandate stiffer fines and penalties on those who don’t purchase their rotten plans.
Normal people (non-Republicans) saw through this latest dirty trick as more evidence as to why a strong public option is essential to reform – as if any more evidence was needed.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018