January 17th of last year, a report issued by the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, found that Russia interfered with the 2016 election to help Trump steal the election.
The current Secretary of Homeland Security claims she hasn’t even read it.
This morning, [5/22/18] following a classified Congressional election security briefing, the head of Homeland Security, Kirstjen Nielsen spoke to reporters.
CNN’s Manu Raju asked her,
Do you have any reason to doubt the January 2017 intel community assessment that it was Vladimir Putin who tried to meddle in this election to help President Trump win?
I do not believe that I’ve seen that conclusion that the specific intent was to help President Trump win,. I’m not aware of that. But I do generally have no reason to doubt any intelligence assessment.
I do believe that Russia did, and will continue to try to, manipulate Americans’ perspective on a whole variety of issues.
According to NBC News’ Marianna Sotomayor,
Sec. Nielsen then tried to clarify her answer, saying its unclear that Putin/Russia favored Trump because Russian social media accounts actively rallied US citizens to attend pro-Hillary gatherings as much as pro-Trump ones.
By her own admission, the Director of Homeland Security isn’t aware that 16 American intelligence agencies said Russia interfered with the election to benefit Rump? The person who is most responsible for the safety and security of Americans hasn’t even read a report on Russian attacks on this country. And, make no mistake about it, interfering with, and possibly rigging, our elections is an attack on this country!
Nielsen is either guilty of a total dereliction of duty, or she’s flat-out LYING!
In either case, she’s incompetent and doesn’t belong in her post!
But, then again, who in this administration, does?
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- 58 Million Ballots Have Been Cast Nationwide, Mostly By Democrats - October 25, 2020
- White House press secretary tests positive for coronavirus - October 5, 2020
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020
- Trump Accuses Biden Of Trying To ‘Abolish Suburbs’ In Odd Rose Garden Press Conference - July 17, 2020
- Trump Fires Campaign Manager Brad Parscale, Replaces Him With Bill Stepien Amid Poor Polling - July 16, 2020
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020