It takes one pint to make 1 quarter million gallons of seawater uninhabitable for marine life. As 42,000 gallons of oil spills into ocean every day from the BP contracted oil-rig that exploded in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20th, we now have on our hands America’s own Chernobyl courtesy of corporate America.
Since disaster is the inevitable outcome of the greed-centered Republican policies that have turned America from a democratic republic into a Plutonomy, it was only a matter of time that the people of the United States and the environment in which they live would suffer under the backward-looking refrain of “drill baby drill.”
True to their nature, Republicans are scrambling to cover their asses in the wake of these inane rants, calling the catastrophe Barack Obama’s very own “Katrina Disaster.” The truth is, though, the blame for the worst environmental disaster since the Exxon Valdez can be traced directly to the doorstep of Dick Cheney.
Former oil man and Vice President Dick Cheney cares nothing for people, animals much less the environment they live in.
He and his and his Republican Ilk are only concerned with profit. This being the case, it is of no surprise that it was Cheney’s SECRETIVE energy task force – that decided that switches used in two other major oil-producing nations as last-resort protection against underwater spills, which cost $500,000, were too much a burden on a industry that made record profits last year. Read more about that at Salon here.
Once again, when their greed blows up America’s collective face, we are all left to deal with the devastation while they disappear behind the walls of their gated communities.
The most frustrating aspect of living in America while under the thumb of Corporatism (fascism), is having to be subjected to its media protection racket as it nibbles around the edges of the obvious – never mentioning this fact – in the hope that the People will continue remain dumb, compliant, and exhausted enough not to connect the dots back to the greed centered death cult that brought another tragedy to America in the name of the unholy dollar.
The Republican Party wants to dissuade us from the fact that the catastrophes their policies cause have anything to do with their actions.
Mike Papantonio breaks it down here:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018