Ladies! Go pull out granny’s old 1950’s petticoats and great-great-great granny’s 1850’s gingham dresses with their adorable matching bonnets. You’ll be right in style for a big upcoming shindig!
A good Regressive congressman is graciously holding a summit for all you ladies, to help you deal with living in a man’s world. And, let me tell you, it’s gonna be chock full of vital info, such as:
- How to keep that man-catching figure
- How to use that new-fangled social media so you can hen-fest with more of your friends.
- How to budget your life if there isn’t a man around.
- And, if it all gets too much for you, there’s sessions on substance abuse and how to find a shrink.
Right about now, you’re probably wondering if you’ve stumbled onto an Onion post, an old Cosmo article or the latest edition of Fake News.
Au contraire! This is an actual upcoming event and those are real session topics, (although phrased a bit differently).
Gus Bilirakis, the current congressman for Florida’s 12th congressional district, is the man behind the Women’s Summit. Bilirakis, who’s held the office since 2007, has done a lot
for to women over the years:
- Voted against the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which allows more time for women to file pay discrimination lawsuit. 
- Voted against reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act, which funds programs for victims of domestic and sexual abuse. 
- Voted to cripple the Affordable Care Act. 
- Voted to gut SNAP 
- Voted for every anti-abortion bill that came his way.
In keeping with his “barefoot and pregnant” policy on women, Bilirakis decided to mansplain some ideas over a free lunch and call it a Women’s Summit. (His first and only, btw.) He’s even invited a token woman, USF President, Judy Genshaft, to share her thoughts on succeeding in a man’s world. Ms Genshaft has a history of anti-gay, anti-union, anti-Muslim (but she is pro-Israel) actions. In other words, she’s a perfect fit for the summit.
So make your reservations, get your hair dolled up, drop the kids off at granny’s and enjoy a free lunch (if there really is such a thing) while learning a thing or two on how to survive in today’s (if today was a century or so ago) world.
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020
- Trump Accuses Biden Of Trying To ‘Abolish Suburbs’ In Odd Rose Garden Press Conference - July 17, 2020
- Trump Fires Campaign Manager Brad Parscale, Replaces Him With Bill Stepien Amid Poor Polling - July 16, 2020
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020