Ladies! Go pull out granny’s old 1950’s petticoats and great-great-great granny’s 1850’s gingham dresses with their adorable matching bonnets. You’ll be right in style for a big upcoming shindig!
A good Regressive congressman is graciously holding a summit for all you ladies, to help you deal with living in a man’s world. And, let me tell you, it’s gonna be chock full of vital info, such as:
- How to keep that man-catching figure
- How to use that new-fangled social media so you can hen-fest with more of your friends.
- How to budget your life if there isn’t a man around.
- And, if it all gets too much for you, there’s sessions on substance abuse and how to find a shrink.
Right about now, you’re probably wondering if you’ve stumbled onto an Onion post, an old Cosmo article or the latest edition of Fake News.
Au contraire! This is an actual upcoming event and those are real session topics, (although phrased a bit differently).
Gus Bilirakis, the current congressman for Florida’s 12th congressional district, is the man behind the Women’s Summit. Bilirakis, who’s held the office since 2007, has done a lot
for to women over the years:
- Voted against the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which allows more time for women to file pay discrimination lawsuit. 
- Voted against reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act, which funds programs for victims of domestic and sexual abuse. 
- Voted to cripple the Affordable Care Act. 
- Voted to gut SNAP 
- Voted for every anti-abortion bill that came his way.
In keeping with his “barefoot and pregnant” policy on women, Bilirakis decided to mansplain some ideas over a free lunch and call it a Women’s Summit. (His first and only, btw.) He’s even invited a token woman, USF President, Judy Genshaft, to share her thoughts on succeeding in a man’s world. Ms Genshaft has a history of anti-gay, anti-union, anti-Muslim (but she is pro-Israel) actions. In other words, she’s a perfect fit for the summit.
So make your reservations, get your hair dolled up, drop the kids off at granny’s and enjoy a free lunch (if there really is such a thing) while learning a thing or two on how to survive in today’s (if today was a century or so ago) world.
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019
- Troglodyte: Use the Military to Arrest the Heads of Google, Facebook and Twitter - August 28, 2019