As anti-democratic agents of oligarchy, undermining the nation from within, the Republican Party has a vested interest in staving off Trump’s impending impeachment for as long as possible. After all, there’s elderly people who need to start eating cat food again as their Social Security is gambled on Wall Street, and there’s millions of Americans getting too “uppity,” thinking health care is a right of citizenship, not a privilege of the wealthy and their enablers in Congress. One of those enablers is Representative Devin Nunes (R *OF course* CA). Don’t worry. He has great health care, thanks to you and me. He’s also a big Trump supporter who was a member of Trump’s transition team, and happens to sit on the House Intelligence Committee.
Given the long history of Republicans using their positions of power to for politically-motivated stunts for their dupes, such as investigating Hillary Clinton’s emails or the Benghazi hearings that were simply to Hillary Clinton, a fact Republicans let slip on numerous occasions, Nunes is doing his part, like a good little fascist enabler, to surround Trump’s baseless claims that President Obama had him under surveillance with the veneer of legitimacy.
The Hill reported, “One of the focus points of the House Intelligence Committee’s investigation is the U.S. government’s response to actions taken by Russian intelligence agents during the presidential campaign,’ Nunes said in a statement.'”
Nunes made this statement hours after White House press secretary Sean Spicer tweeted his call for an “investigation” into today’s scandal manufactured from the mind of a 70 year-old toddler now playing a game called “President.”
So, while F.B.I. Director Comey is instructing the Justice Department to reject Trump’s baseless public fit of paranoia, the fascist GOP are going to waste America’s time, chasing the bats in Trump’s belfry, enabling this never ending madness.
Meanwhile, The New York Times Reports, “The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.”
It looks like Trump’s enablers are ensuring that the government our founders fought a revolution to create will be hobbled not just by lack of funding, but by being tasked to chase the demons, ghosts and ghouls infesting the so-called President’s easily-led mind.
I suppose we should be lucky that Trump didn’t charge President Obama with sending aliens into the White House to anally probe him. Though, stay tuned. I’m sure that’s coming.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018