In the wake of ABC dropping Roseanne Barr in response to her racist tweets dehumanizing former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, saying she looked like an ape, Republican Strategist Steve Schmidt joined the Morning Joe crew and called out both Trump and Rosanne for their blatant racism, stating she deserved to be fired.
Schmidt said, “We shouldn’t be surprised… after Charlottesville, you talk about “good” Nazis… When you go down to Alabama and do the NFL thing, which I said at the time is pretty proverbially pretty close to shouting the n-word in front of an all-white crowd in Alabama, he’s a stone cold racist.”
Republicans like Steve Schmidt give me hope. Rather than joining the confederacy of Trump-enablers who’ve sold their integrity, sidled up to racism, and whittled away at the pillars of democracy in order to appeal to the Pandora’s Box of racists emboldened by the KKK-endorsed racist-in-chief, Schmidt is a consistent truth-teller – and a poetic wordsmith, at that.
The environment in which Rosanne Barr felt it was appropriate to call another human being a “monkey,” was seeded by Donald Trump. It’s time to vote all these racists out of office and get our country – and humanity – back.
Watch the clip, below:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018