As far as organizations and metaphors are concerned, it’s commonly known that the “fish rots from the head down.” The people at the top set the organizational and cultural tone. So we’re disgusted, but not surprised to hear that White House communications aide Kelly Sadler responded to John McCain’s refusal to support an unabashed torturer for CIA director with a joke, “he’s dying anyway.” (hardy-har-har… get it?) We’re equally unsurprised that the dumpster fire known as Trump’s White House considers this more a “leaking” problem, not a mortally bankrupt one… and still refuses to apologize for it. In addition, the Sadler still has her job. In fact, I suspect, she’ll soon be promoted.
While the monsters who infest the right-wing sycophantic clown show circle the wagons to protect and defend their indecency, some Republicans who are actually human beings are speaking out. See! Human Republicans do exist.
One such human is Republican strategist Rick Wilson, who appeared on a CNN panel to dissect the incivility and inhumanity that infests the soul of the Trumpanzee. Wilson explained that Trump sycophants believe “any time they apologize for anything at all, it plays by the rules of decency and civility that the transgressive nature of Donald Trump’s administration is meant to upset and upend.”
Wilson cited Ralph Waldo Emerson, stating, an “institution is the lengthened shadow of one man.” In the Trump (so-called) Administration, “This is the lengthened shadow of a gigantic dumpster fire of a trashing human being. These people are actively emulating his behavior. Which is to insult POWs, insult Gold Star families, insult the disabled, and to go at things in a way where the transgressive nature of the insult is more important to them than any kind of cohesion socially, any kind of civility.”
Watch Wilson’s appearance, here:
In regards to the administration of the worst con man to ever grift his way into the highest executive office in the land (despite receiving fewer votes) and “rotting from the head down” …”rotting” is a feature, not a bug.
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018
- GOP Candidate Hardy Billington is Really Anti-Gay. Methinks He Doth Protest Too Much. - August 7, 2018
- Meghan McCain is the Poster Child for Why We Need to Save Democracy by Taxing the Rich - July 26, 2018
- Trump Supporter “Sees the Light” After ICE Deports her Daughter-in-Law - July 25, 2018