To the world at large, Donald Trump is perceived as the con man and pariah he is. To Trump’s easily-duped base, Trump is an oh-so-put-upon savior. After all, he hates brown people just as much as they do, and promises to allow them to die from black lung disease like their daddy and grandpappy before them. Never mind that he’s a lying, treasonous, documented con man with a long, documented history of stiffing workers, contractors and creditors.
Knowing this, Republicans won’t openly support their standard bearer.
Raw Story reports, “Ron Johnson (R-WI) on Thursday refused to say if he would back President Donald Trump’s reelection bid in 2020 when asked by CNN’s Chris Cuomo — and he tried to turn the tables back on Cuomo by saying he was playing ‘gotcha’ journalism.
Noting a CNN report by Manu Raju that found Republicans were reluctant to give their full-throated endorsement to Trump despite the fact that he’s already announced he’ll seek reelection, Cuomo asked if Johnson wanted to break the mold and give Trump his backing for the 2020 campaign.
‘It’s way to early to talk about 2020,’ Johnson said.
‘No it isn’t!’ Cuomo interjected. “Not to say that you support the guy, the president, who’s the head of your party?'”
Watch the exchange, below:
One would think a party that cons dupes would embrace the king of con men as their leader.
I would have a modicum of respect for Republicans if they, at least, admitted who they are. As scientifically verified, fear-based cowards, Conservatives are incapable of simply openly embracing the fact that they are much more comfortable in a world where straight, white, wealthy males own everything and lord over a large pool of working poor.
Donald Trump is their perfect “Dim Leader.” Republicans should muster the courage to admit it.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018