We might think that Republicans claiming a “culture of life” would mean they’re interested in ensuring the planet is inhabitable. Naaa.
In today’s illustration that Republicans are unfit to hold leadership positions in a modern nation, Michigan Representative Tim Walberg told constituents concerned about Climate Change that they have nothing to worry about because “God” will fix it.
Walberg said, “I believe there’s climate change. I believe there’s been climate change since the beginning of time. Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No.”
He continued: “Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, he can take care of it.”
As Walberg’s constituents groaned at his response, he said, “I don’t expect you to agree with me on that.”
Like most Republicans, Walberg seems to be confused about this “America-thingie,” and doesn’t understand that the founders entrusted us with a democratic republic free from religious fantasies precisely so we could be truly free and realistically face whatever challenges arise. Walberg’s adherence to ancient, mystical fables have no place in a nation that likes to fancy herself a leader in the world. Like autocrats who use religion as a mechanism to control the populace, Republicans have no place in our secular government.
Meanwhile, it was reported on Wednesday that so-called President Trump plans to position the United States as a rogue nation by pulling us the out of the historic Paris Climate Agreement.
Not satisfied to simply embarrass and disgrace us in the world community, Republicans are determined to kill us all.
In the face of Republican ignorance and inaction, it is the duty of all decent, patriotic, Americans to resist.
Watch Walberg embarrass America below:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018