Why yes… by all means … let’s make this country great again by … banning the banning of things!!!!
“What’s that?” you say. Well, in the great state of Michigan, a new law signed a few days ago by Lt. Gov. Brian Calley (R) will now prohibit local governments from banning, regulating or imposing fees on the use of plastic bags and other containers. It also prohibits counties or cities from outlawing disposable cups and other plastic containers.
Did you get that backward logic? Ban … banning things… especially those exhausting environmental issues that protect us and the planet. Makes sense … right? That’s a good moral position to take, right? Well, it does make sense and is a great position to take if you are a Republican.
In addition to the banning of banning bags, the store that is trying to be environmentally conscientious, is no longer allowed to charge customers a bag fee as a way of getting folks to bring their own reusable bags. Screw the city streets, the parks, the playgrounds, the oceans and the waterways that plastic bags pollute! Who needs a clean non-toxic place to work and live! Don’t want to live that way? I am 100% sure the solution to this is that all of the good morally upstanding Republicans will come out en mass to clean up everything for free … right?
Of course, the Michigan Restaurant Association championed the Bill. This keeps the business owners from having to deal with those pesky polluting plastic container ordinances. Cause you know, money over people and the planet, right?
What’s even more outrageous is Michigan is not the first state, nor the only state with a similar “ban of bag bans”. States that went down the same fuck the planet path are Idaho, Arizona, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin, Utah.
In an article by the Smithsonian: One trillion bags are produced every year and 90 percent of those are discarded after one use, reports Lucy Bayly at NBC News.
That’s a lot of freaking bags folks! Wonder if the same people that make plastic ones, could make canvas ones? I know, I’m crazy! I’m sure it can’t be done. Not with today’s technology.
Well folks… in a few short weeks, we will have an entire circus of clowns running our country who believe businesses trump people and the planet. Pun intended. Money is way more important than God to the greedy profiteer. Polluting the world we live in means nothing, just as long as the companies that make plastic bags survive … that’s all that really truly matters to plastic orange clowns.
We all know this is the kind of mindset this country is going to be faced with for the next four years folks. We know a battle is coming if you care about the people, the country, and the planet.
The good news is that there will be millions of warriors fighting the good fight. So while the battle to save companies that make plastic bags rages, the rest of us can fight back by stocking up on reusable bags, just like people did before the dastardly things were ever invented!
On a positive note, here are some of my personal favorite reusable bags … check out the bevy of Nasty Women Totes on Pinterest! Ooh La La… there are even ones made from recycled things!!!
Get your inner Hippy on folks… canvas bag it!
- WooHoo We WON! Well Maybe Just WOO? - November 7, 2020
- The ‘Survivalists’ Are Having Trouble Surviving Without A Haircut - April 22, 2020
- Are Your Children being “Spiritually Raped” in Public School? (Video) - February 13, 2017
- Does the Media Really Ignore Terrorist Attacks? - February 9, 2017
- Inauguration Day Resistance – Make A Plan! - January 11, 2017
- GOP Logic – Let’s Ban Banning Of Plastic Bags!!! Screw Pollution! - January 4, 2017
- Racist Granny Goes OFF At JCPenny – Tells Hispanic Women “Speak English” - December 22, 2016
- It’s Time for the Liberal Storm to Gather and Strike Back - December 20, 2016
- Ivanka Trump Auctions Off Coffee Date For Exorbitant Amount Of Money - December 15, 2016
- Post Traumatic Trump Disorder? Here’s Some Things You Can Do To Combat It - December 13, 2016