Hardy Billington, a Republican seeking to represent his fellow Missourians in their state House of Representatives is garnering some attention for his long history of rabidly anti-lgbt views.
In 2006, the now 65-year-old, took out numerous newspaper ads in the local newspaper in support of a proposed state law known as the “don’t say gay” bill which sought to ban the mention of homosexuality in public schools. In a Facebook post, Billington ignorantly railed that homosexuality “can take anywhere from 10, 20, to 30 years off of someone’s lifespan.”
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, “his 2006 book called legalizing same-sex marriage an ‘outrage.’ He has asserted that homosexual ‘lifestyles’ kill people at a higher rate than smoking tobacco.”
Billington’s anti-gay tome, titled The Election by Faith in ’04, railed against the Massachusetts court decision allowing same-sex marriage, writing, “the ripple effect of this action then spread across our nation with almost lightning speed, as various jurisdictions seemed anxious to not be left behind. We were subject to this vile and disgusting display of absolute defiance of God’s commands for weeks on end, as these alleged ‘couples’ sought ‘marriage’ across the nation. Sadly, there was no shortage of ‘clergy’ willing to defy God’s Scriptures in order to gain favor with this perverted crowd!”
According to Nico Lang at INTO, “Billington also referred to LGBTQ people as ‘sodomites.’
‘Sodomy—not the contrived label, ‘gay’—is repeatedly condemned in no uncertain terms by the Scripture, even to the point of being an abomination to God!’ he claimed. ‘It was as a result of my Christian training and my acceptance of the Word of God always being true that caused this wrongful act on the part of these judges to be so abhorrent to me. Not only had they overstepped their legal bounds, but they had done so on one of the most unsupportable issues to be found in our society.’
At this point, the retired businessman noted that readers might wonder why he’s so opposed to ‘this particular kind of sin, when there are so many others that might seem to be just as bad or worse.’
“’Basically, there are some distinctions concerning the sodomites that set them apart and make the label of ‘abominable’ appropriate,’ Billington wrote.”
Calling Dr. Freud!
If I were to play armchair therapist, I’d say Billington’s assertion that gays “cannot reproduce—they have to recruit” probably stems from the fact he’s been “resisting” their “recruitment” efforts his entire, sad life.
While Billington understands while normal people may wonder why he cares so much whether a couple forming a legal marriage contract what he deems to be the appropriate combination of genitals, I will propose my own hypothesis based on years of scientific research, as well as my own empirical observations -Billington simply needs the arms of a big, strong man around him.
According to research published in the April 2012 issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, “individuals who are most hostile toward gays and hold strong anti-gay views may themselves have same-sex desires, albeit undercover ones
As Jeanna Bryner wrote for LiveScience in April, 2012 “‘Sometimes people are threatened by gays and lesbians because they are fearing their own impulses, in a sense they ‘doth protest too much,” Ryan told LiveScience. ‘In addition, it appears that sometimes those who would oppress others have been oppressed themselves, and we can have some compassion for them too, they may be unaccepting of others because they cannot be accepting of themselves.'”
Sadly, Billington can only loathe what he doesn’t possess – namely, the courage to live an authentic life.
Let’s hope he stops projecting his manias on society and gets the help he desperately needs. Life is too short to be a self-loathing closet-case.
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018
- GOP Candidate Hardy Billington is Really Anti-Gay. Methinks He Doth Protest Too Much. - August 7, 2018
- Meghan McCain is the Poster Child for Why We Need to Save Democracy by Taxing the Rich - July 26, 2018
- Trump Supporter “Sees the Light” After ICE Deports her Daughter-in-Law - July 25, 2018
- Oathkeepers No-Show to Their Own Protest at Maxine Waters’ Office, Counter Protest Ensues - July 20, 2018
- Newspapers Worldwide Declare Trump a “Putin’s Poodle” Traitor - July 17, 2018
- Trump Doesn’t Seem to Know the Difference Between England, the U.K. and Great Britain - July 16, 2018
- Conservative Columnist Mocks GOP’s Strzok Hearing: ‘There’s a Reason They’re Called the Stupid Party’ (VIDEO) - July 13, 2018
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wants Us To Believe John Kelly is as Petty and Small As Trump - July 12, 2018
- Caught on Camera – Racist Harasses Woman for Wearing Shirt Depicting Puerto Rican Flag As Cops Do Nothing - July 10, 2018