You know things are really in the country when you find yourself longing for the mild fascism of the disastrous Presidency of George W. Bush over the full-on slide into autocracy. Especially when the autocrat is a thin-skinned, emotionally unfit, 70-year-old toddler with a penchant for sexual assault… and who, quite possibly, is Vladimir Putin’s useful idiot.
On the January 20th, Bush witnessed Trump’s inauguration along with the fraternity of former Presidents. According to New York Magazine, as he left the dais, Bush remarked, “That was some weird shit.”
That statement is probably as diplomatic as one could possibly describe an inauguration speech that will be remembered most for the phrase “American carnage.” Trump’s speech painted a dystopian nightmare vision that would’ve been more appropriate as a monologue from a Hollywood Super Villain than the so-called “leader of the free world.”
Frankly, the fact that George Bush finds Trump as intolerable as the rest of us moves him up a notch in my eyes. You know what they say about “the enemy of my enemy is my friend.” Seems that a race-baiting, torture-loving, pussy-grabbing, flim-flam man is a bridge too far for the 43rd President. Sadly, that’s more than we can say for many Republicans who’ve jumped on the Trump Train, hoping he’ll help them fulfill a childhood dream of making the elderly eat cat food, as they eagerly steer this country over a cliff.
Unlike most living creatures on earth, George W. Bush does have one thing to thank Donald Trump for. He will no longer go down in history as the worst president ever. In less than 100 days in office, so-called President Trump is running away with that dubious honor, (tiny) hands down
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018