It’s a Brand New World!
Arthur” has been a staple of PBS children’s programming for going on 23 years. In that time, it’s garnered 17 Emmy nominations and four Emmy for “Outstanding Children’s Animated Program.” It’s also won the George Foster Peabody Award. TV Guide even ranked it #26 of the “50 Greatest Cartoon Characters of All Time.”
However, Franklin Graham is NOT a fan! Of course, he IS a fan of the rump in the Oval Office, so it’s obvious his standards are a bit screwed up to begin with.
So, what got Frankie’s My Little Pony Underoos all twisted up in a knot over Arthur?
It seems that two of the cartoon characters on the show got married. And, HORROR of HORRORS, the cartoon characters weren’t drawn male and female. (Well, one of them was male, but then, so was the other.)
That offended Frankie right down to his Khristian toenails. (I call him “Khristian,” because, “Christian,” he sure as hell ain’t! J.C. taught love! The only “love” that Khristians seem to have, is “the love to hate!”)
Frankie Goes to FaceBook
Frankie reacted with a FaceBook rant:
Do your children or grandchildren watch the cartoon ‘Arthur?’ I hope not. This PBS animated series is promoting the LGBTQ agenda. In a new episode, Arthur’s male third grade teacher gets married—to another male character. During the wedding, one of the students exclaims, ‘It’s a brand new world!’ I’ll say — but not for the better. PBS receives government funding — why should our government be financing programming that promotes behavior the Bible says is sinful? I sure don’t want my tax dollars going toward that. I think many viewers may be surprised and disappointed in this content decision. I hope everyone will rise up and clearly tell PBS that they do not want to see this kind of programming slipped in to try to influence the hearts and minds of our children and grandchildren.
A couple of quick thoughts about this.
- If he doesn’t approve of the program, here’s a handy-dandy tip: CHANGE THE CHANNEL! Just because Frankie’s offended, BFD! This country isn’t quite in “1984” territory, YET!
- This country has a secular constitution, not a religious one. If he wants to live under that type of government, there’s always Iran.
- As for the “Good(?) Book’s” take on homosexuality, it’s mentioned 7 times in the Bronze Age (Old Testament) portion, compared to hundreds of references to economic justice and the laws governing the accumulation and distribution of wealth. Oh, and J.C. never even mentions it! (Doesn’t sound like he thought it was a major deal to me.)
- He objects to his tax dollars (the few that he pays) going to subsidize the network (PBS). I don’t think there is anyone who likes everything our taxes go for. (Too much subsidizing of global mega-corporations and the military industrial complex, for my taste.)
Enter: (Extreme Right) Sebastian Gorka
And then there’s Sebastian Gorka, a former Trump aide, ex-Breitbart editor and seemingly, lifetime lover of all things Nazi.
Never too shy to insert himself into the news cycle, Gorka used his America First program to insert his over-priced 2/10ths of a cent’s worth.
He suggested that this is all a Marxist plot, and it’s proof that a “cultural war” is raging.
Did you have any questions about there being a culture war, ladies and gentlemen? Did you have any doubt in your mind?
Civil society doesn’t exist, friendship doesn’t exist, family doesn’t exist. Only permanent revolution.
Way back in the Jurassic Era,  I thought it was hilarious (and damn stupid) when Dan Quayle (Bush Sr’s Veep) raged against Murphy Brown, a TV character, for having a baby, sans hubby. Unfortunately, to paraphrase a BTO song, I hadn’t seen nothing yet.
But, then again, I’m seeing and hearing a lot of things the last couple of years, that I never thought I would.
- Rick Wiles Wants A War With Jews - May 25, 2019
- Nutbar: Military Sprays Chemicals in the Sky to Create Chaos - May 19, 2019
- Gay Cartoon Rat Gets Married, Franklin Graham Gets PO’d! - May 16, 2019
- Nutbar: Failure to Jail Hillary ‘Spitting in the Face of God’ - May 11, 2019
- ‘God’ Gave Jim Bakker A Helpful List So Khristians Will Know How To Vote - May 5, 2019
- Wingnut: ‘The Holy Spirit Has indicted Hillary Clinton - April 25, 2019
- Wing-nut ‘Prophet’: God Wants Trump’s Political Enemies Executed - April 17, 2019
- Alabama Senate: Fundamentalist Churches Can Have Own Police - April 14, 2019
- Ma Nature Slaps S.D.! Thoughts & Prayers To The Rescue. - April 10, 2019
- Alabama: Have An Abortion And You Could Spend 99 Years In Prison - April 7, 2019