In the right wing version of American history, Jesus dictated the Constitution to the founders… and then commanded everyone to rebel against the entrenched British Aristocracy to create an American one that used the Bible to keep everyone in their natural place.
In a recent appearance on the Global Evangelical Television, former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said, “I think we got off that track when we allowed our government to become a secular government, when we stopped realizing that God created this nation, that He wrote the constitution, that’s based on biblical principles.”
Clearly, history (much less reality) is not a strong suit for the American Christian Taliban. The reality is that the United States would have never come to fruition if it weren’t for the radical Enlightenment principles that elevated reason over religious tyranny and superstition. But, that hasn’t stopped the scourge of faux-religiosity from forever trying to sicken our body politic by dividing people – and then insisting they’re just following orders from “God.”
And… since Jim Crow became a liability, gay bashing is a CONservative Christian’s holy sacrament. Fact is, for all their teabag-draped tri-corn hats, CONs just don’t grasp that it takes a level of maturity to actually function in a free, democratic, society of 320 million diverse people… some of whom are not straight, white, wealthy, men.
These are people who profess that their “freedom” hinges on being able to subjugate certain segments of the population… and, of course, call someone the f-word… or the n-word… without some liberal b-word getting all uppity.
Throughout history, the targeted groups may change, but today’s CONservatives are just the modern day heirs of those who believed they weren’t “free” unless they could literally own other human beings – and they had the Bible passages to back it up!
The fact is, the Bible contains hundreds of verses condoning slavery – and not a one condemning it. It’s evident that CONservatives choose to evolve when it is in their political interests.
Yet, despite knowing that the Jesus they pretend to worship never said a thing about homosexuality, today’s “Christian” American Taliban spend more time focused on attacking gays than they do following the expressed instructions of the supposed “savior” they profess to be honoring.
But, I always say, if ONLY the Christian American Taliban actually did follow the expressed instructions of their supposed “savior” – like selling all possessions and giving the proceeds to the poor… and then they could Rapture the Hell out of here and leave everyone alone to live in peace.
Because showing utter disdain for the poor, downtrodden… and the different… while being a divisive bully primarily focused on whether the people entering into a legal contract had the appropriate combination of genitals is not really a true reflection of a Christian nation – just a conservative one.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018