It seems that the conservative movement has added a hidden 11th commandment–“Thou shalt not speak ill of Donald Trump.” Nowhere is that more true at Fox News Channel. Whenever anchorman Shepard Smith opens fire on the latest round of alternative facts from this White House, fans of the fair and balanced network go into full meltdown. But recently, another Fox News personality has learned the hard way that calling out Trump is risky business. Namely, Neil Cavuto.
While Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and others seem to trip all over themselves to fawn over Trump, Cavuto has not been shy about calling BS on Trump. For instance, last summer, when Trump whined about how the mainstream media didn’t want the nation to know he was making America great again, Cavuto used the “Common Sense” segment of “Your World with Neil Cavuto” to point the finger squarely where it belonged–at Trump himself. Watch here.
Trump was the target of another dose of “Common Sense” in November. You may recall that Trump laid into Jeff Flake for being caught trashing him on a hot mic. He also railed at LaVar Ball for not thanking him for getting his son released from a Chinese jail. That didn’t sit well with Cavuto. Watch here.
Like most right-thinking people on both sides of the aisle, Cavuto asked, “At what point does the president see such remarks don’t even border on being human?” He wondered why Trump couldn’t seem to avoid “punching down” at his foes. He told Trump in no uncertain terms, “Last time I checked, you are the president of the United States. Why don’t you act like it?”
Cavuto hauled out the five-inch guns again on Thursday’s edition of “Your World,” just hours after Trump offered yet another explanation for the hush money payment to Stormy Daniels. Watch here.
Cavuto summed up the shifting narratives. First Trump didn’t know about the $130,000, then he did. First he couldn’t recall if any campaign money was used, then he bluntly stated no campaign money was used. Combined with his documented double-talk on Russian collusion, the size of his tax cut package and its cost to him personally, and other matters, it led Cavuto to conclude that Trump has no business screaming “FAKE NEWS!” when he frequently makes false statements himself without correcting them.
“I guess you’re too busy draining the swamp to ever stop and smell the stink you’re creating. That’s your doing. That’s your stink. Mr. President, that’s your swamp.”
Oh, how the deplorables howled on Twitter. Here’s a sample.
Cavuto devoted Friday’s “Common Sense” segment to answering these and other flames he got from Trump diehards on Facebook and Twitter. Watch here.
Cavuto must be used to being flamed for breaking the 11th Commandment, because he handled the flames in stride.
To one Facebook commenter who vowed, “Will no longer listen to your show. Ciao!”, he simply replied, “Ciao.” When a Twitter user snarled that “Neil Cavuto is an ass and a swamp creature,” Cavuto asked, “Well, which is it?” When a Facebook user told him to “shut up,” Cavuto replied, “No, you shut up!”
Cavuto has been at Fox News since the very beginning. He, Smith, and to a lesser extent Chris Wallace appear to be among the few outposts of real journalism at that network. Let’s give credit where credit is due. Bravo, Neil.
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief Smears Chrissy Teigen–Again - August 19, 2019
- False Prophet Warns Against Supporting Dems, Explains It’s ‘Spiritual Treason’ - August 18, 2019
- False Prophet: Bow And Pray To The Orange God, Or You’ll Burn Forever - August 17, 2019
- Activists Who Fight Against Fundies In Military Reveal Some Of Their Hate Mail - August 14, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief: Q May Have Planned For Epstein To Die In His Cell - August 12, 2019
- Leading Trumpkin Refuses To Accept Reality That Jeffrey Epstein Killed Himself - August 11, 2019
- Chief QAnon Kook’s Silence On Elephant In Epstein Room Is Telling - August 8, 2019
- Young McConnell Supporter Apologizes For AOC Choke Joke - August 6, 2019
- Very Fine Young McConnell Supporters Think It’s OK To Choke AOC - August 5, 2019
- Donald Jr. Likes Video Calling Out Men Who Trash Women - August 3, 2019