It takes a level of maturity to function in a free, democratic society of 320 million diverse people – a level of maturity right-wingers simply don’t possess. Especially Trump supporters. Filled with that dangerous combination of unapologetic ignorance and race-focused hate, a handful of foulmouthed Trump dupes have repeatedly targeted a far-left bookstore in Berkeley, California with intimidation and threats.
“Ten times in the last six month, Revolution Books, the far left bookstore in the Telegraph Channing Mall, has found itself under attack from far-right activists.
The latest skirmish was Sat. March 4, the one-year anniversary of the pro-Trump rally in Martin Luther King Jr. Park that saw people on the right and Antifa and BAMN activists duking it out for control. A group of people who called themselves “Berkeley Warriors” on a live Facebook feed came from Sacramento and stormed the store.
“Fucking Commie scum,” one demonstrator, Rob Cantrall, said on a video taken by bookstore staff while Reiko Redmonde, a volunteer manager at the store, tried to prevent him and others from entering. “You are commie scum. We are going to burn down your bookstore. You know that, right?”
Cantrall, who has come to rally in Berkeley on at least three other occasions, was wearing an American flag around his shoulders and a red “Make America Great Again,” hat. He talked into his phone as he continued to berate Redmonde and the other volunteers. “Fuck all you anti-American pieces of shit,” he said. Others demonstrating were also live-streaming their actions.
Cantrell, who is from Los Angeles, was joined by his partner of about two weeks, Lauren White, who also goes by the name Lauren Order. “Infiltrating Berkeley’s Marxist Hive w/ Jacob Ku & Rob Cantrall, ” White wrote on Facebook. Alexandra Davis, Jourdin Davis, and James Ian were also there, according to the group’s Livestream and various Facebook pages.”
.@kron4news covers fascist attacks on @RevolutionBksB, the political & intellectual center of a movement for an actual revolution & a new communism. This bookstore is about everything these fascist hate.
Show your support.https://t.co/fiAXjIZFxd
— revcom.us/Revolution (@tuneintorevcom) March 6, 2018
Conservative Activists Threaten To Burn Berkeley Bookstore https://t.co/0KH1CpmntK
— Publishers Weekly (@PublishersWkly) March 8, 2018
— City Lights Books (@CityLightsBooks) March 6, 2018
Once the fringe of the conservative ideology, these hate-mongering idiots are now out in force, emboldened by their Dumb Führer currently squatting in the White House despite receiving fewer votes. This is what humans have always been up against. They may feel empowered now, but their time in the sun (and in the White House) will be short. We must continue to evolve without them – and we will.
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018
- GOP Candidate Hardy Billington is Really Anti-Gay. Methinks He Doth Protest Too Much. - August 7, 2018
- Meghan McCain is the Poster Child for Why We Need to Save Democracy by Taxing the Rich - July 26, 2018
- Trump Supporter “Sees the Light” After ICE Deports her Daughter-in-Law - July 25, 2018
- Oathkeepers No-Show to Their Own Protest at Maxine Waters’ Office, Counter Protest Ensues - July 20, 2018
- Newspapers Worldwide Declare Trump a “Putin’s Poodle” Traitor - July 17, 2018
- Trump Doesn’t Seem to Know the Difference Between England, the U.K. and Great Britain - July 16, 2018
- Conservative Columnist Mocks GOP’s Strzok Hearing: ‘There’s a Reason They’re Called the Stupid Party’ (VIDEO) - July 13, 2018