… so they cut them out of the conversation.
Big Oil wins again – with the help of their Republican operatives in our government. Republicans just robbed the Floridian community (they are supposed to represent) of the opportunity to protect their environment and their economy from the dangers of corporate-sponsored ecocide by blocking the attempt to get a Constitutional ban on offshore drilling before voters in the November 2 general election.
The actions of the Florida Legislature is evidence of the fact that the only reason Republican politicians get out of bed in the morning is to ensure that our wealthy overlords – transnational corporations who have no allegiance to country or community – can continue to ride the American People to the bank unfettered by the pesky government.
A poll released Monday by Progress Florida showed that 71 percent of Florida voters wanted the chance to vote on adding an oil drilling ban to the Florida state Constitution, with 50 percent of Floridians opposing drilling within 10 miles of Florida’s coast. Republicans, knowing that Big Oil’s odds for victory was slim, set out to ensure the Floridian Community will never get the chance to protect their shores over big-oil profits.
With Florida tourism depending on beautiful beaches, fishing and swimming in unspoiled waters, the Republican corporate operatives were uncomfortable with the voter’s shifting attitude favoring a ban since the BP disaster, so they worked to ensure that the voters will never get the chance to create an economy and a community that works for all – not just rich transnational corporations.
With Big Oil pleased, Republican lawmakers will no doubt be richly rewarded for their efforts.
Read more here.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018