Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s testimony before the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees didn’t provide the chance many Democrats were hoping for–that is, end Donald Trump’s presidency with one blow. He did, however, knock down a particularly insidious alternative fact. Early on, he reiterated that while his investigation did not definitively conclude Trump committed a crime, it didn’t exonerate him either. In other words, we now know that Trump cooked any figures that would suggest this report was a “complete and total exoneration.”
It should surprise no one that Trump and his diehards are trying to spin the hearing as a win for the red team. Indeed, while the hearing was underway, Trump fired off a fundraising email seeking a whopping $2 million by the close of business on Thursday to help drive home this message–“NO COLLUSION, NO OBSTRUCTION, COMPLETE AND TOTAL EXONERATION!”
But perhaps no one has gone nearly as far as the so-called “firefighter prophet,” Mark Taylor. For those who don’t recall, Taylor rose to fame when he claimed to have received a “prophetic word” about Trump becoming president. But there’s one problem. Any competent reading of this “word” clearly shows Taylor was foretelling that Trump would defeat Barack Obama in 2012. As we know, that didn’t happen.
By definition, this makes Taylor a false prophet–though he doesn’t want you to know that. He insists that if you call him out, there’s a lightning bolt with your name on it–and you’ll get cooked on the spot. Maybe that’s why he’s become a hero to the most rabidly pro-Trump evangelicals, who insist that God hacked the election for Trump.
Like many hard-core fundies, Taylor is of the mind that it’s not possible to be a Christian and a Democrat. But apparently Taylor is so convinced of this that it has severely warped his judgment. That’s about the only conclusion you can draw from this tweet Taylor fired off on Wednesday afternoon.
Well, that’s interesting, Mark. So when Mueller told Judiciary Committee chairman Jerry Nadler that Trump was most assuredly not exonerated, it was a sign that the Democrats were about to be cooked? That’s not what the nation saw.
So when Mueller told Cedric Richmond of Louisiana that Trump told staffers to falsify records, it proved that the Democrats are cooked for 2020 and beyond? That’s not what the nation saw.
So when Mueller told Val Demings of Florida that false statements by both Trump campaign and Trump White House officials impeded him, it proved that the Democrats are cooked for 2020 and beyond? That’s not what the nation saw.
All things considered, one has to wonder if Taylor was watching the same hearing as the rest of us. That’s the only way anyone could plausibly conclude that a hearing that proved beyond any doubt that Trump was not exonerated could have spelled finis to any hopes of the Democrats unseating Trump next year.
But then again, Taylor would have us believe that Trump is “anointed” and can do no wrong. Apparently he would also have us believe that the Democrats will be cooked in 2020 if they dare to stand against him. Take off your orange-colored blinders, Mark. Today’s hearing confirmed that your dear one is an amoral thug, and possibly a criminal.
- Trumpvangelicals Revel At RBG’s Death, Call It An Answer To Prayer - September 22, 2020
- GOP Congressman Doubles Down On Cheap Shot At Ginsburg - September 20, 2020
- Ari Fleischer Tries To Convince Us To Vote In Person, Even In The Rona - September 18, 2020
- Supposed ‘Pro-Life’ Group Endorses Anti-Mask Nonsense - September 16, 2020
- Former Lawmaker Compares Smear Merchant To Legendary Bob Woodward - September 13, 2020
- Christian Publisher Takes A Dive Into The QAnon Swamp - September 10, 2020
- Tailenders Ignore Forensic Evidence Proving Tara Reade Is Lying - September 6, 2020
- Congresswoman-In-Waiting Thinks Graphic Threat Is ‘Just A Meme’ - September 5, 2020
- Wingnut Host: Telling People To Mask Up Is Just Like Jim Crow - September 4, 2020
- QAnon Kooks Think Trump Acceptance Speech Was Signal For ‘The Storm’ - August 30, 2020