Laws-Schmaws. Like tax cheat, Leona Helmsley’s infamous proclamation “only the little people pay taxes,” Trump and his crime family include the addendum that only the “little people” must abide by the laws.
Trump is a liar, a narcissist and a prolific one at that. Couple Trump’s indifference to this “nation of laws” and an unearned arrogance and malignant narcissism giving him the false impression we’re all stupid enough (like his supporters) to buy the crap he peddles, and we have another example of Trump giving what’s left of this “nation of laws” enough rope with which to hang him.
Friday, former national security adviser Michael Flynn plead guilty of lying to the FBI, in what many speculate to be part of plea deal to keep his self-serving, treasonous ass out of jail in exchange for testimony against bigger fish in the Trump Crime Family – up to and including Trump himself.
Saturday, the Mar-a-lago Moron… forever in a desperate search for praise/narcissistic supply from his dead-ender 33%… tweeted to his so-called “44 Million” Twitter followers (half of which are fake) that he fired Flynn because he “lied to the Vice President and the FBI.” The thing is, while he incessantly proclaimed the former “lied to the Vice President” as the supposed justification for Flynn’s firing, this is the first time Twitler said anything about Flynn “lying to the FBI.”
This has ethics experts and officials pondering whether Trump admitted to obstruction of justice. Aaron Blake of The Washington Post explains, “The day after Trump fired Flynn, on Feb. 14, Trump urged then-FBI Director James B. Comey to be lenient with Flynn, according to Comey’s notes at the time, saying, ‘I hope you can let this go.’ If Trump knew at that time that Flynn had lied to the FBI and was under investigation, the argument goes, it may constitute an attempt to obstruct that investigation.”
Former director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, Walter Shaub, tweeted that such a disclosure would be enough to bring down previous administrations.
Other notable experts agreed.
So, the saga of treasonous Trump Crime family continues. Though, it can be argued the impetus behind “Stupid Watergate” isn’t just stupidity, but arrogance. So-called President Trump and his born-on-third-base spawn of trust fund brats and sycophants never seem to be held accountable for their nefarious actions. So, what’s a little collusion between dictators, wannabe or otherwise? What’s a little “obstruction of justice” between friends?
Trump is clueless about what this “democracy-thingie” is all about. Frankly, so are his followers, who, if they had any real “love of country” would have rejected Twitler’s snake oil the moment he started blustering “only I can fix it.” By “fix,” he means “get rid of this pesky democracy once and for all so he can steal whatever the Hell he wants.”
For the very sake of American democracy, this “nation of laws” must not let him get away with it.
We must continue to resist until the Trump, his minions, his autocrat pals and his Republican Party can no longer destroy from the inside the government our founders fought a revolution to entrust to us.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018